No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Tall textured vase - ID = Oberglas  (Read 6171 times)

Offline vidrioguapo

• Members
    • England
Tall textured vase - ID = Oberglas
« on: April 16, 2009, 04:56:25 PM »
This is 35 cms tall, and I have seen many of these around and about but I have no idea from where they originate.  Can anyone help please?

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e57/emmismith/Miscellaneous/Turqutextured.jpg

base is difficult to picture, but it is not flat nor bird bath style, slightly concave and smooth.

Regards  Emmi

Offline Pip

• Members
    • Pips Trip Online Shop
Re: Tall textured vase - no idea of ID?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 07:32:21 PM »
The crimped effect to the top of your vase reminds me of some Ingridglas items I've had in the past.  I'm not suggesting that's what your vase is but it might be a starting point for some further investigation.

Offline vidrioguapo

• Members
    • England
Re: Tall textured vase - no idea of ID? - Vaclav Hanus?
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2009, 09:07:00 PM »
I have just come across this on a website, and although it is shorter than mine, looks VERY similar.............can anyone Marcus or Jindra perhaps, confirm if it is right as Vaclav Hanus

http://www.designhandlung.de/sites/g015.php

Emmi

Sklounion

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2009, 11:31:11 AM »
Hi Emmi,
Very unlikely, that this is Hanus, or Jablonecke Sklarny, Ingridglas or Oberglas is more likely. Jindrich?
Though I know the site in question, and the owner, who really does make an effort on his research,  the site still has had several doubtful attributions.
And yes, he  really has a Czech brother-in-law... :)
M

Offline vidrioguapo

• Members
    • England
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2009, 12:00:22 PM »
Thank you Marcus, I thought it was wise to check before getting excited!!!  Emmi

Offline heartofsklo

• Members
Re: Tall textured vase - no idea of ID? - Vaclav Hanus?
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2010, 10:16:41 PM »
I have just come across this on a website, and although it is shorter than mine, looks VERY similar.............can anyone Marcus or Jindra perhaps, confirm if it is right as Vaclav Hanus

http://www.designhandlung.de/sites/g015.php

Emmi

I have been advised the same, that it is Vaclav Hanus, 1965

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2010, 12:35:22 AM »
If Marcus thinks not then I'd be inclined to be guided by him... they really don't strike me as being in the style of Hanus and they aren't in either Marcus' book, Sklo Union Art Before Industry, or in Petr Novy's book about the work of Vaclav Hanus, Everyday Art.

The only reference I can find to this item being by Hanus is the spurious one on designhandlung referred to above, can you tell us what/who was the source of your attribution please?
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline heartofsklo

• Members
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2010, 12:55:31 AM »
If Marcus thinks not then I'd be inclined to be guided by him... they really don't strike me as being in the style of Hanus and they aren't in either Marcus' book, Sklo Union Art Before Industry, or in Petr Novy's book about the work of Vaclav Hanus, Everyday Art.

The only reference I can find to this item being by Hanus is the spurious one on designhandlung referred to above, can you tell us what/who was the source of your attribution please?

Hi, in a glass forum I was informed by another the following which I have referred to in my post- "Vaclav Hanus - Jablonecke Sklarny c 1965"

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2010, 01:06:04 AM »
Yes, I understand that, what I'm trying to establish is where that information came from... that is, how reliable is it, given that two major Czech glass authorities do not attribute this design to Hanus. Telling us which glass forum it was posted onto might help...
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand