No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Winged Deco Pressed : VSL or Czech ?  (Read 11081 times)

Sklounion

Re: Winged Deco Pressed : VSL or Czech ?
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2008, 09:34:00 AM »
Hi, Peter,
Please, do you still have images of the smoke-grey pressed vase with the twist, that you bought a few months ago?
There are similarities with the perfume spray in the listing.
Regards,
Marcus

Offline Leni

• Members
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2008, 10:10:44 AM »
I'm very pleased to see this finally solved, as I have one of these, too!

Thank you, Marcus!  :clap:  :-*
Leni

Offline paradisetrader

• Members
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2008, 01:47:41 PM »
Marcus I'm baffled as to what you could be referring to. I have searched my photo archives to no avail. I haven't bought any glass since Terry left us last September. I rarely buy pressed unless I'm sure it's Sklo Union and the price is right, so hardly ever and smoke is not a favoured colour.

The perfume base reminds me of 2 of Terry's pieces however. Perhaps it's one of these you were thinking of.
Here they are.
http://picasaweb.google.com/muscadale/Unidentified/photo#5051407312705897010
http://picasaweb.google.com/muscadale/Unidentified/photo#5051407712137855554

Thank you Christine
Pete

Sklounion

« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2008, 02:29:02 PM »
Hi Peter,
Thank you the box and the vase seem very similar, to the perfume in the listing, and it was these two pieces I was asking to see.
Thanks again,
Marcus

Offline paradisetrader

• Members
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2008, 07:51:47 PM »
OK so we were thinking along the same lines then. The similarity of the base isn't sufficient though I guess, to assume the same manufacturer.
I just found the second one in my bedroom. Terry must had sent it to me and it's there for photographing.
Terry had another similar but larger which we used to call the "pregnant" vase.
The first one we used to call the "toilet".

It seems extraordinary that a company the size of Stolzle (with up to 7 factories did you say ?) could have so little recognition.
 Pete

Pete

Sklounion

« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2008, 06:38:36 AM »
Hi Peter,
I think in part the lack of info regarding Stölzle, may be due to the company being heavily involved in packaging/container and pharmaceutical/medical glass. The pressed glass from Hermannshütte, seems to have been secondary to these two main types of glass.
As to their factories, they had at least 8 or 9 plants in Austria, Hungary and Bohemia, and certainly one of the Bohemian factories, built just after the turn of the 20th century at Chlum u Trebon, stood idle for long periods, before being leased to Vaclav Hrdina, of Stepan Hrdina a Syny in the early 1920s.
Regards,
Marcus

Offline Cathy B

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • The Crown Crystal Glass Company of Australia
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2009, 03:19:29 PM »
Just to complete this thread, Glen shows here that this pattern was also made by Polish factory Stolle Niemen.

Haven't looked  :ac1:, but I'm assuming the dimensions and range for the Carl Stölzle pattern will be on Marcus' CD.

Mod: link corrected!  ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand