No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Whitefriars? tumbler vase  (Read 5272 times)

Offline nigel benson

• Author
  • Members
  • British glass 1870-1980
    • British glass 1870-1980
    • http://www.20thcentury-glass.org.uk
Re: Whitefriars? tumbler vase
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2009, 10:54:18 PM »
Hmmm,

I'm seriously wondering what the point of this forum is.

You're obviously somewhat teed off Emmi - so am I. And, for once, I am going to make that statement.

Frankly, when threads get like this I totally loose interest, since people's feelings seem to be more important than the subject at hand. No, you didn't give the pat no 1289 as an attribution. No imputation to you was meant - however you wish to take my observations. Maybe I should have used the word illustrations, instead of 'attributions', which would have avoided your obvious sensibilities.

This particularly thread seems to have changed from being a question about whether or not something may, or may not be, Whitefrairs, into another about
having acquired an unwelcome example of modern deceptive repro, produced with fraudulent intent

This was not made obvious at the outset, however I don't think that going through all the possible alternatives that are similar out there serves any particular purpose.

I, and my library, bow out of this particular thread before anything more untoward is written. Nigel

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2009, 07:16:43 AM »
Hi Bernard i never thought modern repro, just a nice vase by another maker , i have mellowed over the years if i buy a wrong un i just use it for flowers after all thats what they are for .
     HAPPY ST GEORGES DAY  , My future son in law Brendan twinkltoes Cole and i both have a birthday today , lots of good Kiwi wine tonight , so wont be up in the morning . :cry: :sleep: :mus:

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Bernard C

• Members
  • Milton Keynes based British glass dealer
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2009, 03:30:36 PM »
Nigel — Apologies.   I should have kept to my standard policy of abandoning topics on discussion boards when I find a contribution by a colleague unhelpful.

Bernard C.  8)
Happy New Year to All Glass Makers, Historians, Dealers, and Collectors

Text and Images Copyright © 2004–15 Bernard Cavalot

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand