Author Topic: Modern artglass vase Maybe M+S??  (Read 575 times)

Offline BRADBURY7308

• Members
Modern artglass vase Maybe M+S??
« on: April 21, 2009, 07:27:54 PM »
Today i purchased two vases from a local charity shop my girlfriend collects modern art-glass for the future i collect older kinds, This vase we were not sure if it was modern 100% it measures 6" tall 3.5" base and 5.5" rim, it has a nice trailed decoration to it and an unusual base its really kicked in with a large raised area on the inside of the vase the base is similar to sklo union vases. There is some wear not a great deal quite heavy too. Just wanted to put a name too it if anyone has an idea please come back thanks dan. :mus:

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • ALAVNA Vintage & Collectable Glass
Re: Modern artglass vase Maybe M+S??
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 08:35:42 PM »
I wonder if it's one of those items that is meant to be used both ways up? Vase one way, tealight holder the other... ? The glass is very like a shallow bowl I have which, I seem to recall, was made in Spain by one of the plants which create new decorative items from recycled glass. (Not Couronne, but another one whose name I forget.)

Offline BRADBURY7308

• Members
Re: Modern artglass vase Maybe M+S??
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 09:44:08 PM »
 :cry: I suppose that means cheryl's getting it, I thought it was a little over-enginnered etc lack of wear but still attractive in its own right ,mind you thats the main thing. thanks.... :thup:

Search
eBay.com
eBay.co.uk

Link to Glass Encyclopedia
Link to Glass Museum
Enter
key words
to search
Amazon.com
Search
eBay.com
eBay.co.uk