Author Topic: Clichy Negative  (Read 455 times)

Offline tropdevin

• Members
    • Paperweights
    • England
    • My Paperweights Website
Clichy Negative
« on: April 24, 2009, 12:58:24 PM »

I have never seen anything like this on sale before. Was the negative intended for a book illustration perhaps, or what?

Alan
Alan
The comments in this posting reflect the opinion of the author, Alan Thornton, and not that of the owners, administrators or moderators of this board. Comments are copyright Alan Thornton. Please feel free to contact me direct if you do not agree with my comments and do not wish to make your concerns known by posting in this thread.
 http://www.pwts.co.uk

Offline alexander

• Members
Re: Clichy Negative
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 05:28:50 PM »
The seller has some other negatives for sale as well, might be worth asking for the story?
I've bought from the seller on a couple of occations and they usually reply swiftly to questions.
Alexander
Norwegian glass collector

Offline tropdevin

• Members
    • Paperweights
    • England
    • My Paperweights Website
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 09:29:20 PM »
Hi Alexander

Good idea - I'll ask and see if there is any background.

Alan
Alan
The comments in this posting reflect the opinion of the author, Alan Thornton, and not that of the owners, administrators or moderators of this board. Comments are copyright Alan Thornton. Please feel free to contact me direct if you do not agree with my comments and do not wish to make your concerns known by posting in this thread.
 http://www.pwts.co.uk

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2009, 10:43:30 AM »
When viewed as a positive, the one linked to does not look like a Clichy, but has similarities to something out Scotland. But there are cane types that I don't immediately recognise, and without colour it is difficult to assess the whole thing.

When did glass photographic plates become truly redundant? Were they still being used in the 1930s or later?
KevinH

Search
eBay.com
eBay.co.uk

Link to Glass Encyclopedia
Link to Glass Museum
Enter
key words
to search
Amazon.com