No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Hadeland Gro Bergslien Signed Vase Date & Value Question  (Read 18330 times)

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: Hadeland Gro Bergslien Signed Vase Date & Value Question
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2010, 12:16:09 PM »
Shout (phone tonight)  if you get stuck and don't hold it against me if it does take ages to arrive.

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2010, 12:19:55 PM »
I won't worry if it takes time to arrive.  :-* and I won't blame you for anything that goes wrong either, I'll blame computers and banks and dodgy sellers.
I'll call you tonight, been meaning to for ages anyway. :thup:
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2010, 03:12:22 PM »
Sue:

I found it on Alibris at a price a good deal higher than your Amazon price. It's kind of a jump in the dark as none of the booksellers' sites has that much info on it. Also, the copies on Amazon and the one I'm buying are slightly different from the one listed by mbmb, different ISBN and published by OUP not Oslo Univ.

I've found Alibris, Abebooks and Amazon all very good and trustworthy.

David
My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2010, 03:41:07 PM »
The one I linked to on Amazon has the identical unique 10 digit ISBN (8200071081). The 978 at the beginning is what the 13 digit ISBNs are currently prefixed with; 13 digit numbers were introduced in 2007. It's also possible that Oslo University Press was confused with Oxford University Press when it was input to the Amazon database or that Oxford distributed in English speaking countries, or that it was reprinted, as it available new.

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2010, 04:29:17 PM »
I'll just have to wait and see. It might have been reprinted - it does seem a bit strange that there were only 200 copies printed in the first place, it's well-known, as mpmb said, everybody (who is interested in Benny Motzfeldt) wants it, and there are currently so many available. The ISBN mbmp gave is the correct number for the one I want - I checked with my brother, who got it from the book itself. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed I've ordered the right one, I can't seem to check the ISBN now!

Perhaps they're referring to the condition as being "new"?  :-\

The other one my brother has is:-

Glasskunstneren - Benny Motzfeldt
1973 ISBN 82-7143-000-9
Kubstindusttrimuseet I Oslo
Small, 19x12 cm, Brown cover, Vase with rider jumping over horse on front.
Mostly Norwegian but some English at the end.
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2010, 06:49:54 PM »
Christine,

You're right about the ISBN. I must have become fixated on the 13-number one. The Oslo = Oxford makes sense, too. My copy is supposed to be here by Sept 1, but I expect it before then.

Sue,

The book your brother has is one of the ones I bought (the rider on the horse). Here are the details. You can see it was $34.50. I'd wait to see how comprehensive the one you've ordered is before considering this one.

Author: Lauritz Opstad
Title: MOTZFELDT, BENNY GLASSKUNSTNEREN (The Glass Artist
Bookseller Book No.: 2592
Price: US$ 34.50

Book Description: The foremost Norwegian glass artist Benny Motzfeldt made mostly very formal etched and sand-blasted pieces in the 1950's and into the 60's. Later on her work became very organic and natural in shape and design. She designed a number of commercial glasses at first, then experimented with small sculptures, as well as air bubbles and metal particles within the glass mass. The results that are shown here are beautiful, graphic, and innovative examples of her art glass. Motzfeldt was recognized in the field of glass-making in 1969 with the most prestigous Norwegian award, the Jacob Prize., Norwegian/ English, Year1973, Illust. B/W41, Illust. Color4, ISBN8271430009, Softbound, Not in perfect condition., Bio. Bibl. Pages94, Size7 1/2"x 4 1/2

David

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2010, 07:40:08 PM »
If you've ordered direct from Amazon it will be new. It's only Amazon Marketplace where new or used are options.

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2010, 11:40:32 AM »
 :cry: :cry: :cry:

Just had an email from amazon saying my order has been cancelled because it's not available. Will have to try for another one.
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2010, 03:37:23 PM »
I don't feel so bad now about the price of mine through alibris. It's on its way, they say. I had the same thing happen to once and it was a similar situation. I had ordered a book (Swedish Glass Factories, I think) at a price way below the usual price. They couldn't find the copy.

Alibris still had on copy available when I last checked.

David

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2010, 03:53:06 PM »
I had another look at the booksearch site that appears when i simply plug the ISBN straight into a search thing, it found one (not new) which was only put up for sale yesterday, @ just under £31 via amazon, from the A to Z book company.  :huh:
I've ordered it, but will have to wait and see....... it might get cancelled again.
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand