Glass Identification - Post here for all ID requests > Glass Trinket Sets

id for green siren/mermaid trinket box?? - Walther Nymphen

(1/4) > >>

BRADBURY7308:
A lovely little green frosted bowl, looks like uranium with fish and slithers of water plants going around it its four square sides. No marks at all.
Thought it might be bagley? 5"- diameter and 3"- height any help with the maker or model greatly appreciated...

Anne E.B.:
Seen here in Pamela's museum http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de/index2.html - from Walther's 'Nymphen' trinket set, c.1934

BRADBURY7308:
Golly thank's for the response what a lovely trinket set not like the run of the mill stuff over here in charity shops, I thank you dan :thup:

Paul S.:
I've looked thru Anne's trinket sets and some of the Bagley information on the Wakefield Museum site, but no joy.    I does look as tho it cud have some possible likeness to Anne's Mystery Set No. 39  -  same sort to semi naked water nymph, and similar sort of etched Bagley matt surface  -  but I think I'm just clutching at mermaids, although I am convinced it must be part of a trinket set.    It is of course Uranium and glows well under the torch  -  about 10 cms. high and 9 cms. wide.   Any help much appreciated and thanks for looking.   Paul S.

Paul S.:
sorry - got a bit carried away there.  Try this one also.   Paul S.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version