No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Sklo Union Pressed glass  (Read 7422 times)

Offline norman warbreck

• Members
Sklo Union Pressed glass
« on: April 28, 2009, 04:31:39 PM »

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Pip

• Members
    • Pips Trip Online Shop
Re: Sklo Union Pressed glass
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 07:23:03 AM »
Very interesting Norman. 

Just one thing though, the divided bowl at the bottom of the first page - have you had it positively identified as a Vladislav Urban design for Rosice?  The only reason I ask is because I've had very similar (identical apart from the divider in the middle) bowls and ashtrays in the past, one with a yellow tinge to the orbs along the base and one without, and I've always believed them to be by Waltherglas (German production).

:huh:

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline dirk.

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 07:28:50 AM »
i agree with Pip.  :)
"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others." - Groucho Marx

...working on it...
https://picasaweb.google.com/108140812446658939096

Offline norman warbreck

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 01:16:55 PM »
Hi there all
and thanks for looking...i guess i will have made some mistakes but have tried hard indeed to present a true picture.Should there be any others that is not what i have said it to be i would be delighted with your comments.
I have now removed the pic and item.
many thanks
norman

Offline norman warbreck

• Members
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2009, 11:59:59 AM »
A great thank u goes to Anne and all the other members who so selfishlessly helped with the site that i have up and running.Most of the information was obtained by the members of this amazing board...and a big thank u to all who had the patience to look at my numerous requests.
Theank u ...thank u...thank u.
best regards
norman

Offline PAUL H

• Members
    • GREAT RETRO GLASS
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2009, 07:57:47 AM »
Well done Norman its a very usefull site and very well researched.. you will make some mistakes with attributions but I'm sure the kind members of this board will point them out to you. Its good to see new reference sites like yours as it gives me and others the chance to double check our acquisitions. Regards Paul.
GREAT RETRO GLASS

Classic 20th Century Design

www.greatretroglass.com

Offline norman warbreck

• Members
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2009, 09:02:16 PM »
Hi there Paul
thank u so much for the encouragement and would expressly like to make the point that all of the images loaded are of my own collection and researched through Marcus"s book ...art before industry.....Jindrich...hi sklo lo sklo and the most talented and kind members of this board.
In visiting my webpage one will find the revelant links to websites and books also the many blogs where i have mentioned these sources.
I guess thats why we buy these books ...to educate ourselves and in turn share that with all collectors.
Best wishes to all.

P.S. this is simply a photogallery of my personal collection.

Offline norman warbreck

• Members
Pink pressed glass vase
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2009, 03:01:51 PM »
Not an important piece but first piece i have found....and ideas pls?
My new site for general pressed glass items will be up and running soon....but do visit Sklo Union pressed glass site here....http://www.antiques-international.ch/sklo_d/index.php?m=04&y=09&d=27&entry=entry090427-172252&category=22

Offline Jindra8526

• Members
Re: Pink pressed glass vase
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2009, 03:28:53 PM »
Absolutely great page Norman  :hiclp:

Don´t you want to supply some Sklo Union pictures with atribution to enhance your Reference guide?  
I have sold about 70 Sklo Union pieces at eBay and I have pictures with attribution ready to be displayed.
Or better, can you open the option to insert pictures for registered users?

Could you add also the pattern numbers?

Just a small bug fixing:
Frantisek Vizner bubble vase for Hermanova 1962... - no - it is Urban pattern 20048
Frantisek Vizner...colorless candle light...Rudolfova 1961  - no - Pánek ???
Frantisek Vizner...colorless vase with striped pattern...for Rudolfova 1965  - no - Hanuš???
Frantisek Vizner Round dish in hobnail design....sklo union.1966..... no - ???????

Congratulation and thanks
Jindrich

Offline norman warbreck

• Members
Re: Pink pressed glass vase
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2009, 03:51:05 PM »
Hi Jindrich,
thank u for looking and showing where i have gone wrong...really appreciate all the help.
The reson i have set up this guide is that i was thrilled in reading Art before Industry and found a good source here....but now somewhat dried up.....lol i guess i have bought most of it...!!
have over 60 crates of the stuff with lots and lots of duplicates...hoping that one day the prices will be different as to what i am paying...in the longhaul as they say.
Thanking u yes my pictures are available and just let me know what u would like to do as i feel they really belong to all glass collectors and really i am an old bean....so am glad to share them also the glass message board has been a great educator with so many kind people and wherever i can return a favour it is there ...just for the asking!
Let me know pls....and would be great promoting Sklo Union wherever.Please remember none of my goodies are for sale merely as a hobby and reference guide.
best
norman

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand