No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Four mystery pressed glass bowls.  (Read 6247 times)

Offline Pinky

• Members
Four mystery pressed glass bowls.
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2006, 10:50:17 AM »
.........which I did, like the fruit loop I am. The Sowerby bowl went in the microwave for 1 minute 17 seconds without a hitch. It came out feeling a bit hot but that was all. Nonetheless I won't be trying this experiment again............mind you the lead thing sounds interesting...... Pinky

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Anne E.B.

• Members
    • U.K.
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2006, 12:50:33 PM »
Quote from: "Pinky"
.....good grief - it's just ocurred to me she might even have put it in the microwave for one of those sticky toffeeish sorts of things. Oh my word........Pinky

A-A-AAARGH NOOOOoooo!

Marcus - I'll see if I can find another image.  It went to a charity shop recently.  I live a five min. walk from a Quaker Meeting House, but will check out the main one next time I'm in town, so thanks for that :P

Tigger - last of the big spenders like me :wink:
Anne E.B

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Tigerchips

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2006, 03:32:38 PM »
Quote from: "Pinky"
.........which I did, like the fruit loop I am. The Sowerby bowl went in the microwave for 1 minute 17 seconds without a hitch. It came out feeling a bit hot but that was all. Nonetheless I won't be trying this experiment again............mind you the lead thing sounds interesting...... Pinky

I'm going to phone the RSPCG now.  :lol:

RSPCG = Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Glass (especially Uranium)

I'm sure someone once told me that if something in the microwave -other than food - becomes hot, it is not microwavable and dangerous. Unless the food itself makes it hot.
One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine. William Hartnell

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Pinky

• Members
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2006, 04:55:12 PM »
..........it's alright, Tigerchips - you needn't have phoned the RSPCG - I did it myself - begged 'em to take me off for a long stay in one of their correctional clinics. Don't know what in the name of heaven possessed me this morning - perhaps the Dennis-the-Menace-Syndrome - just HAD to push the button to see what would happen. But a strong - a very strong internal mechanism is drawing the line at putting lead glass into the microwave. It's also now saying a big NO to any more experiments of this nature with ANY glass except the ones that say they're microwave-safe. In the meantime I'm hoping the RSPCG will offer a first rate Cognitive Behaviourial programme to rectify any further glass-related thinking errors:::))) Pinky

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand