Looking for Glass on ebay? Angela's Designer Searches can help! Click here!

Author Topic: Four mystery pressed glass bowls.  (Read 2391 times)

Offline Pinky

• Members
Four mystery pressed glass bowls.
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2006, 10:50:17 AM »
.........which I did, like the fruit loop I am. The Sowerby bowl went in the microwave for 1 minute 17 seconds without a hitch. It came out feeling a bit hot but that was all. Nonetheless I won't be trying this experiment again............mind you the lead thing sounds interesting...... Pinky

Offline Anne E.B.

• Members
    • U.K.
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2006, 12:50:33 PM »
Quote from: "Pinky"
.....good grief - it's just ocurred to me she might even have put it in the microwave for one of those sticky toffeeish sorts of things. Oh my word........Pinky

A-A-AAARGH NOOOOoooo!

Marcus - I'll see if I can find another image.  It went to a charity shop recently.  I live a five min. walk from a Quaker Meeting House, but will check out the main one next time I'm in town, so thanks for that :P

Tigger - last of the big spenders like me :wink:
Anne E.B

Offline Tigerchips

• Members
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2006, 03:32:38 PM »
Quote from: "Pinky"
.........which I did, like the fruit loop I am. The Sowerby bowl went in the microwave for 1 minute 17 seconds without a hitch. It came out feeling a bit hot but that was all. Nonetheless I won't be trying this experiment again............mind you the lead thing sounds interesting...... Pinky

I'm going to phone the RSPCG now.  :lol:

RSPCG = Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Glass (especially Uranium)

I'm sure someone once told me that if something in the microwave -other than food - becomes hot, it is not microwavable and dangerous. Unless the food itself makes it hot.

Offline Pinky

• Members
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2006, 04:55:12 PM »
..........it's alright, Tigerchips - you needn't have phoned the RSPCG - I did it myself - begged 'em to take me off for a long stay in one of their correctional clinics. Don't know what in the name of heaven possessed me this morning - perhaps the Dennis-the-Menace-Syndrome - just HAD to push the button to see what would happen. But a strong - a very strong internal mechanism is drawing the line at putting lead glass into the microwave. It's also now saying a big NO to any more experiments of this nature with ANY glass except the ones that say they're microwave-safe. In the meantime I'm hoping the RSPCG will offer a first rate Cognitive Behaviourial programme to rectify any further glass-related thinking errors:::))) Pinky

Search
eBay.com
eBay.co.uk

Link to Glass Encyclopedia
Link to Glass Museum
Enter
key words
to search
Amazon.com