No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Murano? Glass Fountain  (Read 3870 times)

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
Re: Murano? Glass Fountain
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2009, 08:54:27 AM »
Gorgeous fountain, just stunning!!! :hiclp: :hiclp:

I may be offer some assistance on your label, not that I have any concrete knowledge of it.......BUT......I think I have a glass item here that has the *same* almost complete label.  My label has the _._._._._._. (line & dot) design around the edges also.

Discussions of my label (and the glass item) are here:    http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,19131.0.html

On the Loschs site (9th row, third over):  http://www.the-loschs.com/sigitaly.htm  they seem to have the same label as I do, but less intact.

Thought I would add a follow-up in case kzimmv is not back soon. The OP wrote to Fratelli Toso and they verified that the fountain was theirs. The fountain was being discussed on a couple of groups, but the result hasn't made it back here yet. Mystery solved.

Question:  with my item having the same label, does that help us at all to help confirm my piece (the figurine) since Loschs says that label is FT, and now you have a confirmation on this fountain, with the same label as on mine.  Does this help to cement the maker of my piece to be also Fratelli Toso?  If so, perhaps we could add this to that posting so that they will always be cross-referenced together.

Hopefully also, the "Mystery of my Figurine" be solved by having this label too, with the loschs site label, and now this fountain all stating Fratelli Toso.

I guess perhaps, I should get my label into the label gallery too... :-[ whoops
:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2009, 01:33:44 PM »
Yes, Antiquerose, your figurine is probably Fratelli Toso. I was thinking of you when Karen posted a picture of the label. The Loschs are very knowledgeable, so I've always trusted them. If you want to check, you can go to FT's site www.fratellitoso.it. There is a contact email. They normally write back within a couple of days. I was hoping that you were following this thread. Maybe it solved more than one mystery!  :thup:
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Offline ardy

• Members
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2009, 11:24:43 PM »
Talking about solving more than one mystery. Looking at the close up of the rose the form and structure look very like my gold candlesticks.

Mod:  Here's the link - http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,25530.msg141175.html#msg141175

Clean and Crisp a Murano twist.
Archimede tops my list.

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2009, 05:33:52 AM »
Yes, Antiquerose, your figurine is probably Fratelli Toso. I was thinking of you when Karen posted a picture of the label. The Loschs are very knowledgeable, so I've always trusted them. If you want to check, you can go to FT's site www.fratellitoso.it. There is a contact email. They normally write back within a couple of days. I was hoping that you were following this thread. Maybe it solved more than one mystery!  :thup:

Thank you for thinking of me....glad I found this post too.  :hiclp:  I will be so happy to finally solve my mystery, and I hope my label pix will help Kzimmv when finding any other items with sort of partial label.  FINALLY, still being a *newbie* I was able to contribute.   I do see similarities in the way the faces on the fountain look, and my figure...

I am surprised by the amount of Fratelli Toso items I have been able to stumble upon way up here.  I think Birk's Canada sold Italian glass across Canada.

But I must say, that FOUNTAIN has GOT TO BE THE MOST GORGEOUS THING I HAVE SEEN...........< drools >
:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand