No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Amber glass bottle Pharmacist's maybe??  (Read 567 times)

Offline BRADBURY7308

• Members
Amber glass bottle Pharmacist's maybe??
« on: May 07, 2009, 10:42:21 PM »
Today i purchased this bottle unsure of what it is or for it looks a little like the old fashioned chemists bottles but im not sure, Its a large piece at 14" tall and 1.3kg weight theres a seam on the side of it just visable no pontil but lots of marking and age wear also so not modern. There is some slight wrythen markings down the side and some rings like decanters have so i guess it may have had a stopper at some time no markings on the inside to say it had one though,might have been a good fit and never made any?? I would love to know its purpose or use,maybe its a flower vase?  Thanks to everyone for helping and taking a look. :hiclp:

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
Re: Amber glass bottle Pharmacist's maybe??
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 12:09:58 AM »
I think these were made in Italy in the 70s as decorative items. It originally would have had a tall pointy stopper.

Just remembered: Millers 20th Century Glass, Andy McConnell, page 87 "auto-blown giant decorative bottles/decanters....probably Bormoili, Palma".

I have seen these bottles in a variety of shapes, colours and sizes, for a big collection you would need loads of space!

John.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand