No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Forged Signatures On Okra appearing on Ebay and at Auctioneers in the Midlands  (Read 16953 times)

Offline scimiman

• Members
It would appear that after the Fieldings auction held on April 18th in which a large amount of Okra went on sale 95% of which did not have any signatures is now appearing with false signatures on.
Two ebay auctions one of which is a Merlins Web vase is dated 92. This is impossible as this is a Morecroft piece and wasn't made until at least 1997. The other piece a Tazza was sold at Fieldings together with a number of other pieces all of which it states in the catalogue are unsigned. This has now appeared magically with Okra 92 RPG. Both signatures have been done by the same person but both signatures are fakes.
95% of the Okra sold at Fieldings was in fact seconds or pieces that Richard was not happy with he often gave these to a person that Richard new on the understanding none of it would ever go on the market and be offered for sale.
There will probably be allot more of this appearing so be warned. Always ask either myself if unsure or Okra glass we will be only to happy to authenticate signatures and pieces.

I also notice that there appears to be allot of fake Whitefriars appearing. Where is it all coming from.

Mike www.abfabglass.co.uk

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
While speaking of forgeries... There are a lot of Kralik and early Loetz pieces showing up on eBay with a two line "Loetz, Austria" signature. Many of the pieces are documented Kralik. A few are c 1900 iridescent Loetz that were rarerly or never signed. I consider these added sigs scratches even when the attribution is correct.
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
Mike, do you have access to one of these recently "signed" pieces? If so could you add a picture so members will know what to watch out for please? I think we should also move this to Glass News as it will disappear from view in Glass all too quickly.
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline scimiman

• Members
Hi Anne,
Yes it can go anywhere that gives it the best chance of being seen. I was unsure in which Cat to put it in.
Here are a couple of pics.

Offline scimiman

• Members
And here is another pic

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
Super, thanks Mike. I'll move it to News now, and can I add the pics into the Fake Signatures album on GlassGallery as well please?
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline simon bruntnell

• Members
  • Simon Bruntnell Freelance Photographer
    • United Kingdom
    • www.northlightphotography.co.uk
I just spoke to Okra and they are going to have a look at this site.
Simon Bruntnell (photographer to the Poor & Infamous)

Offline scimiman

• Members
Simon, You say that in a threatening manor, Why. :huh:

Offline simon bruntnell

• Members
  • Simon Bruntnell Freelance Photographer
    • United Kingdom
    • www.northlightphotography.co.uk
'No Threats' they didn't know it was being talked about and they are concerned. Someone in the states was actively copying Dave Reekies work the other day.
If you sent a photo they would make a 'Likeness' not copy I think the words where being banded around of anything you wanted. It turned out be the technical guys that some glass makers or
designers use, to make their work which they put there names on it. It was the glass experts doing it for themselves. >:D
Simon Bruntnell (photographer to the Poor & Infamous)

Offline scimiman

• Members
Its not the work that is being copied. The pieces are definitely okra and were sold by Fielding's some weeks before without any signatures on. Then suddenly they appear with forged Okra signatures. Richard and I have spoken at length over these pieces so there is nobody in the dark about these pieces at Okra.
I would have thought that had you checked my website properly which is full of only okra you would have put 2 & 2 together and not come up with the answer 5

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand