No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Heron Glass origin & history, official  (Read 3934 times)

Offline tinsixnine

• Members
Heron Glass origin & history, official
« on: May 09, 2009, 09:08:17 PM »
Please can anyone tell me when Heron Glass in Cumbria was founded?

Offline aa

• Glass Professional
  • Members
    • http://www.adamaaronson.com
Re: HERON GLASS
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 10:13:30 PM »
Around 1990-92, I think, but am not certain.
Hello & Welcome to the Board! Sometimes my replies are short & succinct, other times lengthy. Apologies in advance if they are not to your satisfaction; my main concern is to be accurate for posterity & to share my limited knowledge
For information on exhibitions & events and to see images of my new work join my Facebook group
https://www.facebook.com/adamaaronsonglass
Introduction to Glassblowing course:a great way to spend an afternoon http://www.zestgallery.com/glass.

Offline heronglass123

• Glass Professional
  • Members
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 04:26:05 PM »
yeah it was about 20ish years ago and it started in my barn :)

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 07:20:48 PM »
Oooohhh how exciting, so were you a part of the business or did you rent out your barn? Can you tell us more of the history of Heron please? Welcome to the board too. I guess you (like me) are in Cumbria still?
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline heronglass123

• Glass Professional
  • Members
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2010, 11:47:46 AM »
basicly it started out with my brother blowing glass in my fathers barn we named it heron because we had alot of herons that used to be on our pond, we then moved to the middle of ulverston where we blew the glass and had a small shop we stayed there untill around 2000 and then moved to opposite booths in ulverston where we had a cafe, shop and glass blowing that you could  watch, recently we closed this down buut are still selling some of our glass from home.

Offline BlazingPixie

• Members
Re: Heron Glass origin & history, official
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2012, 12:39:26 AM »
Hi there ive been searching for people for a few years now and joined this site to ask about the owners of Heron glass about 15 years ago maybe?? im searching for Jenny and John Thistlethwaite,and they have daughter kim and Amy..now i see your name as amy but im not sure if its the same girl i met all them years ago :) ive seen different sites all say that heron Glass was no more QQ and hope they are ok and well ! please anyone get back to me who reads this,as i just relaised the date of the actuall closure,and really want to re-unite with jenny again,My Email is Lisaovdarlo@hotmail.co.uk...please anyone,any information please let me know,i know their home adress,well remember part of it,but wont post that here to verify im after the same person/people    thanks for reading ,hope to hear something soon ,Lisa x

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
Re: Heron Glass origin & history, official
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2012, 02:19:55 AM »
Lisa, welcome to the board. I've munged your address slightly to try and protect it from being picked up by spambots that crawl the board. You're always better not to include an email address in a post, you can make your email visible to signed in board members by using the setting for this in your Profile.  I can confirm that heronglass123 is Amy Thistlethwaite. I'll drop her a line and ask her to look at this topic.
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand