No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Taiwan - Czech, Vera Liskova? Peanut dispenser  (Read 9469 times)

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
Taiwan - Czech, Vera Liskova? Peanut dispenser
« on: May 10, 2009, 01:44:30 PM »
I bought this yesterday just for the GMB.  :)

I had an idea that glass bird (peanut dispenser) was Czech, but it's not featured in Mark Hill's book, so I wasn't sure.  Someone on Ebay has it listed as Vera Liskova?  Anyway, this particular one had a box with it....with 'Made in Taiwan' on it. 

I suppose it's either a good copy (unlikely?) or the person on ebay is wrong...which is it?   :huh:

I am not a man

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: Taiwan - Czech, Vera Liskova? Peanut dispenser
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 02:01:16 PM »
Well he's not Sklo Union because he's blown not pressed!! They are different though - too different for just normal variation I think

Offline Mosquito

• Members
    • 中国 (China)
    • Jobling Art Glass
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 06:08:25 PM »
These are definitely Taiwanese. I have two of them, I'd always wondered who made them until I tracked down a labelled example. It had a small goild foil 'Made in Taiwan' sticker to the underside...

Offline kibbles 67

• Members
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2010, 03:22:14 PM »
Hi I just found one on ebay listed as Vera Liskova, starting bid £9.99, I dont know much about Czech glass but I bought five of these from the Studio Cards/Webb Ivory catologue in 1987 for a party, they were if I remember 1.99 each (a princely sum back then) and I have two remaining. They still raise a smile when I use them and I am always on the look out for replacements...but not at a tenner!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand