No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Three Czech Pink & Chartreuse Harrtil Glass Vases by Harrachov  (Read 5267 times)

Offline dorian_graye

• Members
Re: Three Czech Pink & Chartreuse Harrtil Glass Vases by Harrachov
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2010, 01:20:28 PM »
Than you all for your posts.  Somehow, I was not notified of them. This is good news.  I will see if I can try and find a copy of the book mentioned for future reference.  Thanks so much!

Offline dorian_graye

• Members
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2010, 04:18:31 PM »
I just returned from the library.  I live two blocks from my city's main branch, where I actually used to work.  I looked at the book by Polak (reference only/can't check out).  It only showed one example of harrtil glass and it was in B/W.  There were three or four lines that referenced this technique.  It's not a very good book and there are many newer books available with color references and better information.  The three shapes shown in my photos were not referenced at all.

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2010, 04:35:44 PM »
You'll get a great deal more info by searching "harrtil" on this board.

DF
My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline paulbowen

• Members
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2010, 09:10:09 PM »
Yes, the Polak book is rather unmodern by today's standards, but do you know of anyplace else where its pictured and discussed?  Please let us know if you do, that would be great.  All of you folks who have pieces of this glass are lucky, it isn't common at all and is very high quality.  Enjoy!

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2010, 11:15:53 PM »
I'm a great fan of Hi Sklo Lo Sklo by Mark Hill for info on Harrtil and for other post WWII Czech glass. Harrtil isn't difficult to identify as all the netting is exactly the same. Some of the designs are great; some fairly mediocre.

David
My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand