No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: 2.6kg bowl inch multi colour strands bubbles frit Czech? ID: Skrdlovice Palecek  (Read 9875 times)

Offline Jindra8526

• Members
Yes Mark, signed Vizner's piece are rare and all of them are new, even designs are old and "re-freshed". The limited collection was ordered by Alchymie (up to 3-4 hunderds) but when fabricated, contract had been terminated and some pieces sustained in factory. I am lucky buyer of few of them.

Mark, can you please tell me, display or post the overal picture of signed Beranek piece? Meanwhile I was checking Skrdlovice Symposias, seems to me that in 1979 had not been performed. But still exist chance to find the true, Jan Beránek or his son Vlastimil could help.

Jindrich

Offline bOBA

• Members
Thanks guys for your comments, they are very interesting and help explain some of the more complicated aspects of Czech glass design history for me.

I understand the concept of a sample but I do not fully understand what it is about this particular piece that makes it recognisable from the photo as a sample rather than just an ordinary piece. From your post Jindrich you indicate that there is a number on it that makes it recognisable as a sample, instruction piece for glassmakers, rather than a normal piece? The 2.6kg weight is normal and the rest of the appearence is like the normal production pieces? Thank you for providing the previous comments.

(Hopefully it will be possible to have a Czech glass department on GMB perhaps, like for paperweights and Scandinavian sections, where all the Czech postings can be stored, when the web site angels-admins next reorganise the site? :))

bOBA

Offline Jindra8526

• Members
Hi bOBA,
In this this hand free art glass production (we call it "hutni sklo") sometimes pieces slightly differ - each piece even designed and documented is in fact an original.

We have factory pattern book, where is little figure, sometimes colored sometimes not. Sometimes the real piece looks a bit different that one would consider based on this figure. Therefore is very usefull to have the photography of real glass object, or much better to have real sample. Confrontation of two or more photoes when one is surely "the pattern" gives correct answer in attribution.

Jindrich

Offline bOBA

• Members
Thanks Jindrich,
that is clearer for me, it seems that this bowl was hand made each time and that any example of it is very rare.

(On another matter I have sent you some photos of glass by email).

thanks again,

bOBA

Offline Andy

• Members

Take it please like summer invitation to Czech republic for all glass lovers, this exhibition will be  worse to see, I am sure.

Jindrich

;D Hi Jindrich, your English is a million times better than my Czech, but the above quote made me smile a bit and it shows why you may get misunderstood!
I think you mean this exhibition will be worth seeing !  ;D

Keep smiling,
best wishes
Andy
 :thup:
"Born to lose, Live to win." Ian (Lemmy) Kilmister Motorhead (1945-????)

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
Andy, I've split Jindrich's information from the other topic and merged it into here for you. :)
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline Andy

• Members
Thanks Anne,

Just thought id add a couple more photos.
If Jindrich, Mark or anyone wants larger unreduced copies, email me and i will send direct.

Cheers
Andy
 8)

Offline Jindra8526

• Members
Hi Andy,
you are lucky you do not know my German, Spanish or Russian  :)

Well, your piece is definitely Skrdlovice 1970 - pattern 7032/17 - Ladislav Palecek.
Jindrich

Offline Andy

• Members
Thanks again Jindrich,
its got pride of place on the shelf ;D

A positive id could be added to this topic. Any mods out there?

Cheers all,
Andy

Offline Andy

• Members
Just for interest, a live ebay auction.....
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380235071648&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:GB:1123

Strands of glass are a bit different to mine, out of my price range  :'(
Prefer mine anyway!
Andy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand