No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Is this Wf Lobed bowl ? (please)  (Read 588 times)

Offline Elmwood

• Members
Is this Wf Lobed bowl ? (please)
« on: May 18, 2009, 10:20:48 AM »
Hi again,

Thought i'd post the second of my 3 Poss WF pieces for Id as I am on a roll....

I think it may be by G Baxter, ruby red Lobed bowl, pattern number 9407, appears to be in both 1957 and 1964 cats.  Don't know how to attach a link but Emmi pointed me in the right direction on the WF site.  Page 18 of 1957 cat.

Its in good condition- some surface scratches, which i think is acceptable given its possible age, very heavy weighs 2.6kg, beautifully cased....... diameter approx 8.5"

All info very much appreciated, and this is also up for exchange or for sale, should anyone be interested......

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline jonchellycain

• Members
    • my picasa album
Re: Is this Wf Lobed bowl ? (please)
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 10:55:48 AM »
hi there
i may be completeley wrong but it looks more like a knobbly by William Wilson and Harry Dyer, than a lobed piece to me, the lobed have the large lobes to the base area generally, knobblies are more to the body as this one appears to be.
all the best
jonchellycain

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline vidrioguapo

• Members
    • England
Re: Is this Wf Lobed bowl ? (please)
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 11:53:57 AM »
I can definitely say it is not the 9407, and neither is it one of the Whitefriars knobbly range, although there are similarities the shape was not produced in the knobbly range.  I'll have a more thorough search later,  but this pattern does not immediately spring to mind as W/F.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand