No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Riihimaen Lasi Finland??? HEAVY 10 pound Vaseline glass vase. ID=Riihimaen Lasi  (Read 4198 times)

Offline Wyoming

• Members
I had someone tell me that this might be a piece of Riihimaen Lasi glass but so far I have not been able to find this piece. The vaseline is a very bright color and just glows. It feels like a very nice piece of glass. The piece is a heavy chunk of glass at 10 pounds! It is exactly 11 inches tall. Two sides are concaved and covered with bumps and the other two sides are flat and smooth. No marks on it. Has a great retro look. Any help would be great! Thank you so much for your time! –RJ

Offline Wyoming

• Members
Oops forgot the other pic..

Offline Elmwood

• Members
Hi there,

I'm amazed I recalled this piece after looking up something similar, and on the same page - 63,  in our "Fire & Sea" book yesterday.  Your glass appears to be what you think-

QUOTE- "Riihimaen Lasi vaseline glass vase in squared form with two concave sides with texture of solid bubbles or beads, attributed to Tamara Aladin C1970. Height 11"/28Cm. Value in book states $200-300. (2006)"

I am sure someone more knowledeable will confirm, but I am pretty sure about this.

Best Wishes
Sharron

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
Well done Sharron  :hiclp:

I went through Designlasin for this vase yesterday...no wonder I couldn't find it...it doesn't cover Tamara Aladin.   ::)

I am not a man

Offline Wyoming

• Members
Thanks so much for the help! I wouldn’t have ever tracked this one down on my own! -RJ

Offline obscurities

• Members
    • Bohemian and Czech glass
    • Gatesville, Texas
    • Kralik-Glass.com
I was watching this thread to see what this was... 

I just have to add that it is really a gorgeous piece of glass... 

Craig

I have been told that glass is my mistress......

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand