No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: "Stained Glass" & Murrines Vase  (Read 1514 times)

Offline horochar

• Members
"Stained Glass" & Murrines Vase
« on: May 23, 2009, 09:30:07 PM »
I couldn't resist this vase, although I'm not sure it's even vintage.  It has murrines and irregular colored glass pieces that give it a stained glass effect.  Quite unusual in my experience.  Also, some of the murrines have clear centers giving it a "window" effect.  The bottom betrays no wear indicative of age, and I'm not sure they're high quality murrines (totally out of my area of expertise).  Sorry for the poor photos; my digital camera is on the fritz so I used the telephone camera.  Any help as to vintage, designer and maker would be appreciated.
Charles.

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
Re: "Stained Glass" & Murrines Vase
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 03:59:18 PM »
Charles, Leslie Pina shows a cream pitcher that has this millefiori pattern on page 68 of her book Fratelli Toso. The cream pitcher has an E&R Import Label and a ca. 1960 date. If she is correct, your rose bowl is probably Fratelli Toso.
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Offline horochar

• Members
Re: "Stained Glass" & Murrines Vase
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 07:54:39 PM »
Thank you.  I'm going to need to invest in that book.  Since posting my pix, I've also discovered that Laura has one on her Planet Glass website, described as the "Tiffany Window" pattern.  I wish my pix were better, because it's so lovely, especially in sunlight (indirect, of course).

Charles.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand