No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: blue vase not Sowerby, who?  (Read 2680 times)

Offline lmj

• Members
blue vase not Sowerby, who?
« on: June 02, 2009, 11:00:37 AM »
I need an id on this vase it is a pretty ice blue colour 19cm tall 8.05cm wide at top 7.05cm across the base with a soft vertical ribbing,it tapers to the bottom..thanks Lynn

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: blue vase Sowrby?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 11:17:50 AM »
Definitely not Sowerby. Their output in later years was mostly pressed not blow moulded. It's a lager glass from continental Europe somewhere. I have a green uranium one. Date probably pre 1960s, before full automation (ground top rim)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline lmj

• Members
Re: blue vase Sowerby?
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 11:42:02 AM »
Thanks again Christine for all your help,i have so much glass to to find out about that has been left by a great aunt who travelled the world,unfortunately i am getting hooked! even had a visit to the amazing glass museum and that is miles from the west wales coast!,i hope to sell enough to buy more of the studio glass i saw there,totaly awe inspiring place.Lynn

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand