No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Pamela - I have 2 questions re: your wonderful website  (Read 1065 times)

Offline rosecottagesales

• Members
Pamela - I have 2 questions re: your wonderful website
« on: May 30, 2009, 04:05:44 AM »
Hi Pamela

Just wondering if you could answer my question here regarding a couple of items appeared in your wonderful glass website:-

1:- Pink Vase "Heidi" - This appeared in both Bernsdorf and Brockwitz column - I wonder which maker is the correct one  :-\

2:- Green Neptun by Walther - I've seen a different version of bowl as per catalogue shown in 1936. The bowl as seen in your website was it a correct bowl as well?

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanking you in advance

cheers
Brenton

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline rosecottagesales

• Members
Re: Pamela - I have 2 questions re: your wonderful website
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2009, 07:24:28 AM »
.....and of course other helpful members are all welcome to comment :)

cheers
Brenton

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Pressed Glass 1840-1950
    • Hamburg, Germany
    • http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 08:17:55 PM »
Dear Brenton, just picked this out and please grant me another day to answer  :-*
Pamela
Die Erfahrung lehrt, dass, wer auf irgendeinem Gebiet zu sammeln anfängt, eine Wandlung in seiner Seele anheben spürt. Er wird ein freudiger Mensch, den eine tiefere Teilnahme erfüllt, und ein offeneres Verständnis für die Dinge dieser Welt bewegt seine Seele.
Experience teaches that anyone who begins to collect in any field can feel a change in his soul. He becomes a joyful man filled with a deeper empathy, and a more open understanding moves his soul.
Alfred Lichtwark (1852-1914)

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Hamburg, Germany
Thank you Brenton, questions very much appreciated! (Could always lead to possible mistakes made  :angel: )

1. HEIDI first appeared 1941 in Brockwitz catalogue (not named Heidi at that time, just # 6931, may also read 6937  ::) )
Brockwitz ceased in 1941, and several moulds were sold - Bernsdorf bought at least 4 or 5 vase moulds.
This one, and others, appear for the first time in 1951 catalogue of VEB Ankerglas Bernsdorf - now named HEIDI

2. Walther NEPTUN:
You are right, I bought it like this and could well be a marriage - may be, there was also this pattern with a 'cork' - would look perfect
http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de/tafelaufsaetze/00683.html

My bowl seems to also fit the POSEIDON base, but looks post WWII production for export.

The 1936 catalogue's bowl is a third unknown pattern - could be a 'Meisterstück'  :huh:
Pamela
Die Erfahrung lehrt, dass, wer auf irgendeinem Gebiet zu sammeln anfängt, eine Wandlung in seiner Seele anheben spürt. Er wird ein freudiger Mensch, den eine tiefere Teilnahme erfüllt, und ein offeneres Verständnis für die Dinge dieser Welt bewegt seine Seele.
Experience teaches that anyone who begins to collect in any field can feel a change in his soul. He becomes a joyful man filled with a deeper empathy, and a more open understanding moves his soul.

Offline rosecottagesales

• Members
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2009, 12:26:55 AM »
Hello Pamela

Thanks very much for your clarification and info.

I just bought a blue "Heidi" vase for AU 30.00 :)......Will put it in the cabinet alongside with other brockwitz pieces I've owned :).......I'm still looking and hoping oneday I will find the Brockwitz "Schmetterling" vase.....maybe too early to dream  lol:)

cheers
Brenton

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Hamburg, Germany
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2009, 06:19:50 PM »
Brenton, PLEASE, should you ever come across a Brockwitz 'Schmetterling' - would you please grant the photos to pressglas-pavillon.de?
Pamela

Offline rosecottagesales

• Members
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2009, 12:48:41 AM »
Sure Pamela....That's not a problem at all....been trying hard looking for this magnificent vase and other rare Walther pieces such as the Madonna lady figure but no luck yet :)

It's going to be expensive if there's one for sale....even the common Walther Schmetterling cost around AU 1000.00 at shops

regards
Brenton

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand