No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Cenedese Vetri? Is this a bird?  (Read 1252 times)

Offline westred

• Members
  • Real Murano ONLY comes from Murano, Italy!
Cenedese Vetri? Is this a bird?
« on: May 31, 2009, 06:44:08 AM »
 Hi All,

It's been A while since posted, due to illness.  Now that I am up and back at it, I found this at a thrift store the other day for $5.00 us dollars.
Is this an abstract model of a bird, do you know the artist, and any value here.  It is a little rough, but I like him! :)  The last picture shows him under a black light and the picture does not really show how much he lights up, just like a Christmas tree!  He also has a chipped nose.  I think I did well for $5 bucks.  What do you think?

westred  (Tom)
westred......yea, ya betcha!

And God said, "Let the weights hold down the papers!"

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
Re: Cenedese Vetri? Is this a bird?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 01:13:15 PM »
The bird is by Cenedese, a Murano company. The company's glass is a favorite among collectors. The broken beak, however, reduces the value of the piece to a fraction of the value of the piece. Many bird collectors won't buy a bird with a broken bill.  :( I think $5 is a very good price for the piece, though. You did good.
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand