No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Car Boot Finds  (Read 3837 times)

Offline Tigerchips

• Members
    • UK
Car Boot Finds
« on: October 02, 2005, 03:20:16 PM »
Another big vase only this one's not green. It kind of reminds me of Tigger. It is approx 13½ high. There's also a riihimaki style vase next to it.
http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/albums/userpics/10011/Picture%20587.jpg

Bouncy bouncy, fun, fun, fun!

I know I've seen this next one someware before so I grabbed it at 50p. I'm not concerned about value, it has a dent on the rim. Concave polished pontil.
http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/albums/userpics/10011/Picture%20589.jpg

All these are what the dealers have left behind. I really need to set up a Dummy Stall if I want to get the best pieces.  :evil:

Any help on these would be much appreciated. Thank you.
One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine. William Hartnell

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Anne E.B.

• Members
    • U.K.
Car Boot Finds
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2005, 06:27:54 PM »
Quote from: "Tigerchips"
Another big vase only this one's not green. It kind of reminds me of Tigger. It is approx 13½ high.

Tigger looks like one I had with a pulled feather effect that I initially thought, rather optimistically, might be by Carlo Moretti.  Turned out to be possibly in the style of Moretti, and most likely Florentine (help from Ivo and Peter).  Quite a few of these on eBay at the time.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y195/glassie/Italian60s70sFlorence.jpg

Your 50p vase is a bit of a cracker! :mrgreen:  I'll be interested to see what this turns out to be. :lol:

Regards - Anne E.B. :P
Anne E.B

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Tigerchips

• Members
    • UK
Car Boot Finds
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2005, 11:06:37 AM »
Actually, these items on this post are only the one's that i know nothing about. Would it be rude if i showed you the one's that I did know about?

Here's me being rude.  :arrow:

Imperial box thingy (don't know what to call it)
http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/albums/userpics/10011/Picture%20607%7E0.jpg

Holmegaard decanter
http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/albums/userpics/10011/Picture%20608.jpg

Strathearn vase (is this colour common?)
http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/albums/userpics/10011/Picture%20609.jpg
I wonder if Pinkspoons spotted it :lol:
One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine. William Hartnell

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
Car Boot Finds
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2005, 12:20:57 PM »
Ooh, lovely Holmegaard decanter. Have been trying to get my mits on a smoke glass one, but they always seem to go for over £20 (which is my kluk kluk decanter price limit).

Although I was *very* fortunate to find in a shop yesterday an Aristocrat decanter, which I'd been scavenging for recently, for £50 being sold as Blenko!  :shock:

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
Car Boot Finds
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2005, 01:27:24 PM »
Quote from: Pinkspoons
Ooh, lovely Holmegaard decanter. Have been trying to get my mits on a smoke glass one, but they always seem to go for over £20 (which is my kluk kluk decanter price limit).:

Mine's a clear one which cost me a whole £1 at a sale in the village hall here a couple of years back! :) I'm on the lookout for the green and blue ones at a reasonable price as well... I don't particularly like smoked glass though. http://yobunny.org.uk/gallery1/displayimage.php?pos=-23

Having said that I just found a smoked glass tankard which I bought as it looks like a chevron optic rib pattern in it (if that makes sense!) which I thought was interesting. It has a polished pontil ring in the base, and is a nice well-made piece - no idea who made it though - I'll dig the camera out and post a photo later in case anyone can recognise it. My son loves glass tankards so I thought he may like to add it to his glass collection (mostly he has rummers - about 40 of them so far! - I'll have soooooo much more space when he finally leaves home and takes them all with him!!!)  :lol:
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
Car Boot Finds
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2005, 01:54:48 PM »
I've only got three of them, one's bottle green with a scandic crown stopper, one's sage green and the other is a really nice kingfisher blue. The cheapest I've managed to get one for is about £14, tho.  :(

The sage green one is quite a rare one done for Plumrose (of tinned meat reknown). I mentioned it somewhere on here a while back. It's my favourite of the three.

Offline Anne

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
Car Boot Finds
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2005, 03:00:43 PM »
I remember seeing your Plumrose one... interesting, as I'd not heard of such decanters before.  I can't begin to imagine the connection between Plumrose and decanters!  :lol:   I think the kluk kluk's are great fun though... I do like quirky decanters. :) One of my other favourites is the duck decanter... which lets the wine breathe... and because it doesn't seal means you have to finish all the contents!  :lol:  (a very good excuse!!!) :wink: http://yobunny.org.uk/gallery1/displayimage.php?pos=-24

Offline Tigerchips

• Members
    • UK
Car Boot Finds
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2005, 05:09:14 PM »
I paid £5 for my decanter but i'll admit to not knowing what it was when I bought it.  :oops:

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
Car Boot Finds
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2005, 06:15:11 PM »
The Plumrose decanter was given out to the celeb chefs of the day to try and get them tipsy enough to recommend tinned chopped pork and ham in their cookbooks, I assume?  :D

I'm not familiar with the duck decanter. Sounds fun, though. I'll google it and see what happens!  :)

Google yielded duck decanters. I've seen these before, but didn't know what they were called. They are fun, aren't they?

Although... some of them do look a little like they belong in a hospital for those folk who can't make it to the bathroom...

Offline Anne

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
Car Boot Finds
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2005, 06:59:36 PM »
I don't like the urinal-effect ones - is enough to put anyone off their wine!!!  :lol:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand