No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Goats head goblet pressed turquoise blue marbled opaline glass  (Read 4030 times)

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Re: Goats head goblet pressed turquoise blue marbled opaline glass
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2012, 10:49:34 AM »
I have had a reply from Siegmar Geiselberger and these blue and white ones were produced by IVIMA Portugal. St-Louis never produced them in these colours. I've written back to ask about date they might have been produced and will add the information if it is available. 
thanks to all for your help and leads :)
m

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

bfg

« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2012, 11:02:29 AM »
so are IVIMA the manufacturers who made the glass for Casa Pupo in the 1960's?

That glassware was imported from Portugal

Mel

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2015, 08:02:09 AM »
I have seen this goat goblet in clear with the frosted goat on the front, as an 'exhibition' piece (i.e. photographed on the site as an example of their glass, close up, front on) on the Dyatkovo Crystal glass site, stated as being produced mid XIX century, so mid 1800s.  I have no idea whether mould blown or pressed or whatever.  But it's the goat goblet.  I cannot see what the sides look like.  Dyatkovo is Russian Glass.
According to their information
'1851 The produce of the Dyatkovo crystal factory was first displayed at an International Exhibition'.
and
'1790 The manufacturer Maria Maltsova founded a crystal factory near the village of Dyatkovo on the Olshanka river.'
and
'1829  The factory's produce was highly appreciated by the jury of the first All-Russian Exhibition of manufactures. I.A.Maltsov, the owner of the factory, was awarded a "Big Gold Star".

Interesting datelines then - the musterbuch shown for Saint Louis with the goblets in was dated 1897
Source:
'Pressglas-Korrespondenz 2012-2
Seite 4 von 5 Seiten PK 2012-2/54 Stand 06.06.2012
Abb. 2004-3-01/007 (montierter Ausschnitt)
Musterbuch Saint Louis 1887, Planche 81, Cannetes à anse, Chopes à pied, Planche 81 bis, Chopes cylindrique, Chopes à anse
MB Sammlung Musée du Verre et du Cristal Meisenthal
Dekor „Diamants et tête de bouc“, Becher mit Fußring Nr. 1501, Fußbecher Nr. 1502, Krug Nr. 1503, Krug Nr. 1504 '

m

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2015, 09:07:52 AM »
just to add to my post above re Saint Louis dating

Mr Geiselberger actually does say in his response 'this goblet is certainly a reproduction of a goblet
made by St. Louis for the first time about 1870'
So the Saint Louis dateline production looks to be earliest c.1870.
Dyatkovo specifically says 'The goblet. The middle of the XIX century.'

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2015, 08:19:19 PM »
here I found some further information on the Dyatkovo question - again from Pressglas Korrespondenz
My German is about as bad as my French but it does seem to say that the first goat goblet shown is Dyatkovo but from 1900 not mid 19th century.
http://www.pressglas-korrespondenz.de/aktuelles/pdf/pk-2010-4w-sg-pokal-bacc-1841-dyatkovo-1900.pdf

What I'm unsure about is whether or not they did make the goat goblet earlier than that.  If anyone can translate accurately it would be much appreciated :)  Thank you.

m

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand