No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Kastrup 3  (Read 3186 times)

Offline interiorforms

• Members
  • Hello fellow glass lovers the world over!
Kastrup 3
« on: June 09, 2009, 06:15:08 AM »
I picked these three Kastrup pieces today at auction and would like to hear thoughts on them. The cylinder pair: aboot 10 inches high while the other piece is aboot 8 inches high. I've looked on the Holmegaard page and it indicates the label's date as unknown. They appear to be from the 1960s from the color; the glass is an opalescent blue with excellent character. i'm guessing the slant-neck one is a decanter of some sort. But, again, I'd be guessing! ;] Kimberly

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
Re: Kastrup 3
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 10:51:46 AM »
Not shapes I'm familiar with (information on Kastrup glass is so much harder to come by) - but c.1958-1960 seems about right for the period of design. Also, they're not necessarily designed by Jacob Bang (much Kastrup glass is, it seems, automatically attributed to him, especially if it's opal glas).

Very envious!

Offline HarderNet.dk

• Members
    • HarderNet.dk DANISH GLASSWORKS RESOURCE MUSEUM
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 10:54:40 AM »
Hej Kimberly.

Very nice Kastrup Glasswork items you have found there.

Do not have the catalogue on your items, but do have this info:

The cyl. vase shape do appear in the Kastrup catalogue Marts, 1962 for Capri Line Blue design Jacob E. Bang in 1961, here the vase is 18 centimeter item no. 32613, 24 centimeter item no. 32614 and 30 centimeter item no. 32615.
No jug present in your shape.

The cyl. vase shape do also appear in the Kastrup catalogue for Green Line May, 1960 design Jacob E. Bang in 1960, here the vase is 35,5 centimeter item no. 7161, 25,0 centimeter item no. 7160 and 20,0 centimeter item no. 7162
Also your jug shape appear in the hight of 26,0 centimeter item no. 7169.

The cyl. vase shape do also appear in the Kastrup catalogue for Opaline Line May, 1960 design Jacob E. Bang in 1960, here the vase is 20,0 centimeter item no. 7196 and 25,0 centimeter item no. 7195.
No jug is present in this range of your shape.

None of the shapes are present in the Kastrup catalogue for the Nightblue Line, May 1960 nor the Black Smoke Line also May, 1960

I will estimate that your items must be after these rather large series in different colours and properly a smaller pick from these series in a new colour in the end of 1960th. but it would only be my guess in lack of catalogue documentation.

Hope you can make use of the info.  
Peter

DANISH GLASSWORKS RESOURCE MUSEUM
Holmegaard Glasswork, Kastrup Glasswork, Fyens Glasswork
HarderNet.dk

Offline obscurities

• Members
    • Bohemian and Czech glass
    • Gatesville, Texas
    • Kralik-Glass.com
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 01:41:38 PM »
Very Nice Vases....  I love the set of three for display!! 

Craig
I have been told that glass is my mistress......

Offline interiorforms

• Members
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2009, 05:52:04 PM »
Thank you Hardernet for the information; I always like to know about my pieces. I bought these for myself and they will be displayed together. I almost missed the small pitcher as I was putting other things into my automobile and came back just in the nick of time! And thank you Pinkspoons and Craig for the comments! Hardernet: is there a price guide available for purchase regarding Kastrup glass? I've cursorily searched the internet but haven't come up with anything. Thanks again! Kimberly

Offline HarderNet.dk

• Members
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2009, 07:07:43 PM »
Thank you Hardernet for the information; I always like to know about my pieces. I bought these for myself and they will be displayed together. I almost missed the small pitcher as I was putting other things into my automobile and came back just in the nick of time! And thank you Pinkspoons and Craig for the comments! Hardernet: is there a price guide available for purchase regarding Kastrup glass? I've cursorily searched the internet but haven't come up with anything. Thanks again! Kimberly

Kimberly, your very welcome. Have not seen price guide on Kastrup Glasswork on the Internet, mostly Danish Glassworks used catalogue A4 or A5 sheets issued to dealers over time replacing them with new marketing layouts every 3 to 5 years, when new were issued the shop often disposed of the old ones, so not many is around and at best there can be found among glass collectors with a bit of luck.
Some of the Glass association here in Denmark have made reproduction of some of the catalogue, you can find links to some of them on my homepage but I am afraid that they all are in Danish, but with a bit of luck you should be able to get a readable goggle translation  ;D but I doubt perfect translation  :thup:
Peter

HarderNet.dk

Offline interiorforms

• Members
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2009, 12:11:30 PM »
Thanks again, Peter. You've been very helpful and I appreciate it. I'll mill about your site here in a bit to see what there is to offer. Kimberly

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2009, 01:58:25 PM »
Peter, would you like to add your super reference sites to our members website forum please? http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/board,32.0.html
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline HarderNet.dk

• Members
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2009, 08:47:33 PM »
Peter, would you like to add your super reference sites to our members website forum please? http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/board,32.0.html

Hej Anne.

Have thought of it many times, but time do seems to just slip away, and it have slipped my mind, but now it is done.

Thanks for reminding me  :thup:
Peter

HarderNet.dk

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2009, 10:00:35 PM »
That's super, thanks Peter. :)
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia