No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: white and blue vase  (Read 2189 times)

Offline kazleeb

• Members
white and blue vase
« on: June 09, 2009, 04:34:26 PM »
hi, these are 18cm tall and 8cm across the top white with blue bits 7 ribs and flare out at the top clear bottom thanks kaz

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline kazleeb

• Members
Re: white and blue vase
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 04:09:16 PM »
hi just moving them up so they can get freash eyes on them thanks kaz

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Cathy B

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • The Crown Crystal Glass Company of Australia
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 11:32:14 AM »
Well, Kaz, the shape is known as Melon Rib. They seem to have been made in many places. Crown Crystal of Australia definitely made some, as did a dutch company, but yours are neither.

On the shelves behind me, I four little mysteries exactly matching your vases. The interesting thing about these vases is that they seem to be very finely cased with the thickest layer white glass, then a thin layer of splotches and finally a very thin layer of white glass on the inside. I'm guessing it was probably made in the reverse way, starting with a blob of white glass, rolled in chips to make the splatters, then cased in clear glass, and finally blown into the mould. As to where they originated, I wish I knew.

That's the extent of my knowledge; hopefully someone will unearth something more at some stage.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline kazleeb

• Members
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 12:35:48 PM »
hi cathy thanks for the info,i guess we will have to wait abit longer i dont even like them but lee does,kaz

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand