No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: funky bowl  (Read 1324 times)

Offline shy1

• Members
funky bowl
« on: June 10, 2009, 11:36:50 AM »
bought this on ebay have been told its murano would like to know more about it and an idea of value please

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
funky bowl
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 12:38:09 PM »
I haven't seen your ashtray before. It looks like it may be Murano. It is difficult to tell, because several countries did ashtrays similar to this one. After the label is gone, it is difficult to attribute them with any certainty. The generic form ashtrays don't have a lot of value, but they are pretty. I like the colors of yours.
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
funky bowl
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 01:53:31 PM »
Thanks, if you need help adding pics we have a howto post here: http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,6522.0.html  or if you get stuck you can email pics to a Moderator and ask for them to be added for you. All Mods have Global Moderator below their name and can be reached by clicking on the little envelope icon further down below that. Shout if you need help, and welcome to the board. :)
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline shy1

• Members
funky bowl
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 01:59:20 PM »
thanks i have worked out how to put on pics now it was just easier to add the one from ebay

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
Re: funky bowl
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 03:40:07 PM »
I've removed your original topic as having two about the same item will confuse folks. Thanks for adding your own pic now - we do uphold our policy about not using other folks' images without permission. You can find a copy of the policy here: http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,24434.0.html - as before, if you need help or advice please just ask. :)
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand