Glass Discussion & Research. NO IDENTIFICATION REQUESTS here please. > Murano & Italy Glass

15 inch Tripple cased Murano vase?

(1/2) > >>

Tigerchips:
I think this is a Murano vase though I have never seen a Murano piece with a rim like that.

15 inches high

Tripple cased

The remains of a silver and yellow label.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.  :)

Max:
Have you seen Barbaras 'Huge Flavio Poli Decanter' posting on the Murano board?   :shock:  :D

Is someone breeding them somewhere???

David555:
Tiger

I'd say Max is right this should have a glass top as it is indeed a decanter - I think it is double sommerso layer, two colours and the clear casing, triple sommerso is rare, especially in big guys like this

http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,2691.0.html

The label looking round may be the remains of a red and gold generic Murano label - even Made in Italy - the other factories associated with say Poli tended to do a different shaped label

It's still a lovely object, I am not sure of the age, I know it has a lot of base ware but that can be from 1970s or 1990s which is 25 years ago now

It is indeed fun fun fun

Adam D555 :twisted:  :twisted:

Tigerchips:
Thanks, I would never have guessed that it was a decanter.  :o

So triple sommerso casing has three colours and the outer casing?  :)

David555:
You are right Tiger

I need to clarify - your item is logged in most books as a triple cased sommerso item, so you were right to say that in your first post

That takes into account the two colours and the clear casing - I still tend to say double sommerso layer, but triple cased is good and I apologise for confusion :oops:  :oops:

What do you call 3 sommerso colours and a clear casing then - quadruple cased?

LOL

What about five - how many bounces - Adam D555 :twisted:  :twisted:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version