No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: 15 inch Tripple cased Murano vase?  (Read 3003 times)

Offline Tigerchips

• Members
    • UK
15 inch Tripple cased Murano vase?
« on: October 04, 2005, 08:18:45 PM »
I think this is a Murano vase though I have never seen a Murano piece with a rim like that.

15 inches high

Tripple cased

The remains of a silver and yellow label.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.  :)
One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine. William Hartnell

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2005, 09:06:07 PM »
Have you seen Barbaras 'Huge Flavio Poli Decanter' posting on the Murano board?   :shock:  :D

Is someone breeding them somewhere???
I am not a man

Offline David555

• Members
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2005, 02:08:21 AM »
Tiger

I'd say Max is right this should have a glass top as it is indeed a decanter - I think it is double sommerso layer, two colours and the clear casing, triple sommerso is rare, especially in big guys like this

http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,2691.0.html

The label looking round may be the remains of a red and gold generic Murano label - even Made in Italy - the other factories associated with say Poli tended to do a different shaped label

It's still a lovely object, I am not sure of the age, I know it has a lot of base ware but that can be from 1970s or 1990s which is 25 years ago now

It is indeed fun fun fun

Adam D555 :twisted:  :twisted:
David is my Father's name, 555 is the number of man ('The Pixies'), but please call me ADAM P.

Offline Tigerchips

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2005, 05:59:52 PM »
Thanks, I would never have guessed that it was a decanter.  :o

So triple sommerso casing has three colours and the outer casing?  :)
One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine. William Hartnell

Offline David555

• Members
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2005, 10:58:46 PM »
You are right Tiger

I need to clarify - your item is logged in most books as a triple cased sommerso item, so you were right to say that in your first post

That takes into account the two colours and the clear casing - I still tend to say double sommerso layer, but triple cased is good and I apologise for confusion :oops:  :oops:

What do you call 3 sommerso colours and a clear casing then - quadruple cased?

LOL

What about five - how many bounces - Adam D555 :twisted:  :twisted:
David is my Father's name, 555 is the number of man ('The Pixies'), but please call me ADAM P.

Offline Tigerchips

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2005, 08:39:24 PM »
Quote from: "David555"
What do you call 3 sommerso colours and a clear casing then - quadruple cased?

LOL

No, A messy case.  :lol:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand