No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Bohemian 24%lead crystal...original sticker  (Read 1217 times)

Offline norman warbreck

• Members
Bohemian 24%lead crystal...original sticker
« on: June 17, 2009, 03:03:44 PM »
Hi there any ideas for this one...did not find it on the Cd..guess it is pretty new!
many thanks
norman

Offline Jindra8526

• Members
Re: Bohemian 24%lead crystal...original sticker
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 04:05:57 PM »
Not found Norman becouse it is not Sklo Union but Bohemia Poděbrady glassworks - http://www.sklarny-bohemia.cz/.
For Poděbrady designed pressed glass mostly Jiří Řepásek, but I cannot confirm that this piece is his design for the moment.

Jindrich

Offline norman warbreck

• Members
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 03:05:12 PM »
Hi Jindrich
thanks so much for that...well i will not be going in that direction...even although this one did really catch my eye.Just too much to look at and decide to buy or not...aargh!!
wish i had a list which i could carry around so that each time i donot have to go scrolling tru the CD as this takes a lot of time and need to get your eye in.
but thanks anyway.
best
norman

Offline Della

• Members
  • Addicted to glass!
    • Costa Teguise, Lanzarote
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 07:16:56 PM »
Hi Norman,

If you look at page 153 of Marcus's book, middle photograph, on the right-hand side of the photo, you will see this exact vase, however, designer of the pieces on this table are unidentified, according to the book, but it is highly likely that it could be one of the 4 following designers: Repasek (as Jindrich states and as Marcus shows on page 24 of his book), Ladislav Oliva, or the former VHJ Obal designers Horacek and Zouzela. Note, it is unlikely to be a Kudrova design as she didn't start working for the company until 1974 and this is an original photograph of the 1972 Gottwaldov exhibition.

Sometimes there is no need for the CD  ;) ;)

Della
xx
If I know, I'll comment. If I think I know, I'll have a go. If I have no idea, I'll just keep quiet and learn from others, so the next time I'll know.

Offline norman warbreck

• Members
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2009, 09:51:01 PM »
hi Della
well i had seen that design in the book but then thought ok its on the CD...hmmmm..this is all just too much for me at the moment...still with a ton to load...and then all the checking and double checking....but perhaps in the end it will all be worth it..!!
thanks so much for looking and the info
best
norman

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand