No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Confused pressed glass bird seeking help with identity ID Kosta Boda  (Read 13839 times)

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: Confused pressed glass bird seeking help with identity ID Kosta Boda
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2009, 02:11:29 PM »
It's probably one form the Farm series.
Meant to say it's not pressed, it's cast

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2009, 03:36:41 PM »
Thank you Christine you are right it is cast not pressed, which I guess helps give it part of it's naive or 'crude' appeal (to me).

Farm series? Oh no, more to collect!

John.

Offline silvergirl

• Members
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2009, 11:14:46 AM »
Hi John
There was a small paper brochure inserted in the original box for each of the Boda Zoo animals. The brochure depicts the range available at that point. The brochure I have seen shows a Rhino (two model numbers) Bird with curled tail (the same as the one you have purchased), Ibis with curled horn, Large hippo, Small hippo, Swimming hippo (two model numbers), Lion (three model numbers), Large giraffe, Small giraffe, Owl, Donkey, Large rabbit, Small rabbit, Large cat, Small cat, Elephant (two model numbers), Large horse, Small horse, Ram, Rooster, Turtle, Frog, Reindeer, Crocodile - and what I think is a bear but the shape and writing are indistinct.
Happy hunting!
Silvergirl

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2009, 03:27:55 PM »
Thankyou for the info Silvergirl, that is quite a large number of animals to find. I have had the opportunity to buy the Ibis (which was a lovely design) and like a fool I turned it down. Oh well, you live and learn. ;D

John.

Offline silvergirl

• Members
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2009, 10:27:31 PM »
Hi John - my typing error - an Ibex rather than an Ibis - but I think we are thinking of the same thing. A rather spectacular little sculpture of a deer/goat like creature with a back curling horn. I have also missed a couple of opportunities to purchase and regretted it.
silvergirl

Offline Martyn K

• Members
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2009, 09:15:37 AM »
photo

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2009, 06:41:05 PM »
That's the one!

Offline NKP

• Members
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2009, 01:36:30 PM »
There was a small paper brochure inserted in the original box for each of the Boda Zoo animals. The brochure depicts the range available at that point. The brochure I have seen shows a Rhino (two model numbers) Bird with curled tail (the same as the one you have purchased), Ibis with curled horn, Large hippo, Small hippo, Swimming hippo (two model numbers), Lion (three model numbers), Large giraffe, Small giraffe, Owl, Donkey, Large rabbit, Small rabbit, Large cat, Small cat, Elephant (two model numbers), Large horse, Small horse, Ram, Rooster, Turtle, Frog, Reindeer, Crocodile - and what I think is a bear but the shape and writing are indistinct.

... I owned some Boda Zoo animals at one time and in researching them Kosta Boda was so nice to send me the list that is mentioned. The list attributes the complete series to Bertil Vallien.

The "confused pressed glass bird" is item nr. 97615-3, rooster (Swedish: "tupp"), height 110 mm.

As for the goats: the one in the picture is item nr. 97619-3, goat (Swedish: "bock"), height 115 mm, while there is also one that is described as Steinbock (Swedish: "stenbock"), height 100 mm (item nr. 97755-3).

For those collecting: look for 39 pieces (at least)  ;)

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2009, 05:48:26 PM »
That is fantastic thank you very much for the info. 8) So it is not an eagle after all?  ;D

John.

Offline dirk.

• Members
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2009, 07:34:48 PM »
i´m a bit confused about the goat.
mine is a bit taller than the measure you give, NKP.  ~130mm
did they make different sizes?
"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others." - Groucho Marx

...working on it...
https://picasaweb.google.com/108140812446658939096

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk