No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Pressed Amber art deco vase ID: Bernsdorf, 1937 catalogue  (Read 6084 times)

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Pressed Glass 1840-1950
    • Hamburg, Germany
    • http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de
Pressed Amber art deco vase
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2005, 07:51:41 PM »
Glen: are you able to copy the Bernsdorf Tafel 46 here?
I do not know how this could be done, but could be of interest?
Pamela
Die Erfahrung lehrt, dass, wer auf irgendeinem Gebiet zu sammeln anfängt, eine Wandlung in seiner Seele anheben spürt. Er wird ein freudiger Mensch, den eine tiefere Teilnahme erfüllt, und ein offeneres Verständnis für die Dinge dieser Welt bewegt seine Seele.
Experience teaches that anyone who begins to collect in any field can feel a change in his soul. He becomes a joyful man filled with a deeper empathy, and a more open understanding moves his soul.
Alfred Lichtwark (1852-1914)

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Pressed Glass 1840-1950
    • Hamburg, Germany
    • http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2005, 08:11:57 PM »
Terry thank you - still trusting to get yours right :D
Glen - which is your opinion now after contemplating Terry's vase's base?
Pamela
Die Erfahrung lehrt, dass, wer auf irgendeinem Gebiet zu sammeln anfängt, eine Wandlung in seiner Seele anheben spürt. Er wird ein freudiger Mensch, den eine tiefere Teilnahme erfüllt, und ein offeneres Verständnis für die Dinge dieser Welt bewegt seine Seele.
Experience teaches that anyone who begins to collect in any field can feel a change in his soul. He becomes a joyful man filled with a deeper empathy, and a more open understanding moves his soul.
Alfred Lichtwark (1852-1914)

Offline Glen

• Author
  • Members
    • Carnival Glass Research and Writing
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2005, 09:07:17 PM »
Pamela - same opinion as before. The vase is Bernsdorf.

The base is not angular / square. It is rounded off at the corners. That's how it looks to me in the catalogue drawing (which is, of course, a representation and not a photograph). Everything else about the vase is identical. The shape, the proportions, the concept. The four scallops on the mouth. The moulded arch pattern. The lines down into the base.

It's not a problem if you disagree with me  :lol:  

Glen
Just released—Carnival from Finland & Norway e-book!
Also, Riihimäki e-book and Carnival from Sweden e-book.
Sowerby e-books—three volumes available
For all info see http://www.carnivalglassworldwide.com/
Copyright G&S Thistlewood

Offline glasswizard

• Members
    • Terry's Glass
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2005, 10:56:47 PM »
Glen and Pamela, Thank you so much for all the information. What was an amber vase I bought because I liked it has now turned into a treasured part of my collection. I put a sticky lable on the bottom marked Bernsdorf so that I will know what it is. The memory isn't exatly what it used to be. Thanks again and to you too Peter for asking me to post this piece. Terry

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand