No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Glass Animals who may have made them please ?  (Read 1660 times)

Offline mhgcgolfclub

• Members
Glass Animals who may have made them please ?
« on: May 31, 2009, 07:26:29 PM »
I have this collection of small glass animals, I am trying to find out if its possible to attribute them to any maker, I have only included a group picture, I can add individual pictures later if requested, I believe they may date to the 50's or 60's maybe a little later, the dog with the 2 puppies has a chain which does show some age, the only one with any mark is the dog which has a label saying Foreign

Thanks for looking Roy

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
Re: Glass Animals who may have made them please ?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 07:36:50 PM »
It is very difficult to attribute glass animals, especially the miniatures. They are lampwork pieces made by companies and individuals in every country. Beyond the miniatures made by a couple of select companies, most have no present value beyond the value of a trinket. They are an enjoyable way to spend a bit of pocket change. :) Some of them are very pretty, but most do not have the legs and details invested in higher value glass.

There is one piece you have that is identifiable. The three dogs joined by chains are usually made in Japan. I don't know which company it is, however. The company makes many breeds of dogs on chains like this.
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Alsretro

• Members
    • Scotland
    • My Ebay items
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2009, 08:40:50 PM »
But you could join the wonderful Glass Zoo website at http://www.debook.com/animal/index.php and you may find out more or at least get to enjoy admiring other similar items.

Moderator: Link changed at the request of the site owner

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline mhgcgolfclub

• Members
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 09:17:49 PM »
Thanks Anita for your help , I agree they are just a bit of fun and they will end up in Franks Zoo which I joined earlier in the day

Thanks Roy

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand