No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Does anyone know who made my large "Uranium" green lion?  (Read 10857 times)

Offline Paul S.

• Members
Re: Does anyone know who made my large "Uranium" green lion?
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2012, 12:08:35 PM »
nice piece Roy  -  must follow you next time at Ardingly ;)      You may well be correct re the possibility of yours being a base for something like a comport.   

thought I'd remembered seeing pressed lions in the V. & A. recently - so checked again last week, but couldn't see any, although I suppose they might have them in store.

I knew something was nagging about the name Simba and these lions  -  and I've just realized ;D ;D

Apologies to Barbara that we've gone off course rather. :)

Offline mhgcgolfclub

• Members
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2012, 01:16:07 PM »
Thanks Paul

I can remember seeing a blue Derbyshire lion in the V&A but that was at least 5 years or more ago

Roy

Offline petet63

• Members
    • Crystal Art Glass
    • UK
    • My eBay Sales
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2014, 07:05:59 PM »
Hi, just restarting this one with a lion I picked up today. He is 16cm h and 17.5 w approx and the diameter of the 'fixing' on the head is 3cm. It has four lugs where something definitely sat on top of it. Has anyone come across the 'missing' item yet ? This one has a crack running up through it but it can't be felt on the surface??
Pete. :-)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand