No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Help identifying this piece.  (Read 1357 times)

Offline scarletstripes

• Members
Help identifying this piece.
« on: June 22, 2009, 01:05:00 PM »
Hello
I picked up this piece for a grand sum of 20p. I loved it when I saw it and just thought it looked special. Also picked up a whitefriars jug (again for 20p which i've identified already. After looking at glass online I am really wondering if this is murano. I know very little about it but it looks a lot like some of the murano I've seen online.

After figuring it could be uranium glass ive found it does glow green under black light (albeit a tiny one lol)

Could anyone tell me anything about it. Theres no chips just needs cleaning and there is some wear to the bottom so im guessing its not new.
its 16cm wide and 18 high
Many thanks
Kelly :)

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: Help identifying this piece.
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 01:38:57 PM »
Certainly is IMHO, one of the more unusual shapes and double sommerso as well. Could even be a genuine Flavio Poli design. I'll give you 40p for it  ;D

I know similar shapes can be Czechoslovakian, but that uranium glass clinches it for me.

Very, very nice  :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Offline scarletstripes

• Members
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2009, 01:57:07 PM »
heh.. wow.. just wow.. :D

Thanks for your reply :))

im just amazed. It's not like me to pick a winner! :hiclp:

I shall do a bit more research :)

Offline janettekay

• Members