No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: wedgwood Brancaster, mark and sticker confusion ???  (Read 1451 times)

Offline jonchellycain

• Members
    • my picasa album
wedgwood Brancaster, mark and sticker confusion ???
« on: June 24, 2009, 02:16:35 PM »
Hi there
i picked up this Brancaster at the weekend for just £3.00. just checking the marks and im a little unsure on how to date as it has the sand blasted Josiah Wedgwood portland vase with Wedgwood england (see millers 20th century glass page 230) the book states just the word Wedgwood used 1969 to 1971. Also it has the black Wedgwood England sticker which the book states is 1978 to 1981. Both look original. is this just a cross over or does anybody think more sinister??? Ive never seen a brancaster/sherrinham/sandringham with the portland vase mark before, and ive had quite a few over the last few years
many thanks
michelle

Offline Martyn K

• Members
Re: wedgwood Brancaster, mark and sticker confusion ???
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 06:07:55 PM »
The Portland vase mark isn't that uncommon on Brancaster candlesticks and the label is one of the early ones so both match up with a date around 1970ish. Don't have my Millers copy with me but if that's what it says it's wrong.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand