No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Erik Hoglund stylized boy head/shoulders paperweight boda  (Read 6715 times)

Offline jonchellycain

• Members
    • my picasa album
Erik Hoglund stylized boy head/shoulders paperweight boda
« on: June 28, 2009, 08:13:42 PM »
Hi there
i picked up 3 Erik Hoglund Boda paperweights today. They are the ones with the stylized boys face and shoulders (page 267 in the new 2009 millers price guide, bottom left) does anybody know the year these where designed or made between??? I have 2 amber and 1 colbolt blue. 7.5cms by 8cms by 2.5 deep
I was quite amazed when the lady said 10 pence each.
many thanks
michelle

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
Re: Erik Hoglund stylized boy head/shoulders paperweight boda
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2009, 08:31:32 PM »
Do you mean these?

John.

Offline jonchellycain

• Members
    • my picasa album
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2009, 08:33:13 PM »
yep thats the one..(my battery died after taking the mdina pictures, now charging)
i cant seem to find dates in any of the ref sites/books
michelle

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2009, 08:49:35 PM »
Sorry I can not help with any info, except they are lovely and look superb in a window.

John.

Offline jonchellycain

• Members
    • my picasa album
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2009, 07:10:53 PM »
ebay never ceases to amaze me i sold the perfect amber one of these about 2 weeks back ive just sold the damaged amber one and it made just over £10 more than the perfect one!!!  :huh:

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2009, 08:39:57 PM »
It is a funny old world, I was one of the watching non bidders, that was a very good price. I am almost tempted to flog mine, it too is a bit battered. Remember this sale when another item doesn't go so well (and take heart), ebay prices tend to be up and down.

The item was listed in ebay pulse (art glass) as one of the most watched items, http://pulse.ebay.co.uk/Art-Glass_W0QQsacatZ955 so it had plenty of attention.

I once sold a damaged bit of Riihimaki (chipped and scratched), a simple red vase. At the same time somebody else sold exactly the same item but in good condition. Mine sold for over 20 pounds, theirs went for 5 quid. I studied the listings to try and work out why (I was honest about the condition) but the differences were not easy to pin down. Selling can be an quite an art and after that I think it is 'in the lap of the gods', and I am a long way from superstitious let alone religious.

Selling can be quite a buzz though.

John.

Offline jonchellycain

• Members
    • my picasa album
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2009, 09:12:06 PM »
oh yes ive definatly learned to take the good with the bad on ebay, but thats the risk you take, i tend to start almost everything at 99p if it goes well then good if not you learn and move onto the next find.. the best part was i only paid 30p for all three, the other 2 went for just under £30 each so im very pleased ;D ;D

Offline Daniel S

• Members
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2009, 05:41:29 AM »
back to the object in question. These little bowls were the first thing EH designed for Boda. He made many different versions in different color and shape. This particular piece is from the 60's I think. I can check more properly later tonight. I have  nice set with 5 pcs in the original Boda box, very rare to find!

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2009, 05:36:43 PM »
A set of five, that sounds good. Were they sold together as a set, all in the one box and what does the set consist of? Any chance of posting a photo? ;D

Apologies for the rapid fire questions.

John

Offline Daniel S

• Members
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2009, 06:23:49 PM »
yep no problem, i have two sets

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum