No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Erik Hoglund stylized boy head/shoulders paperweight boda  (Read 6614 times)

Offline jonchellycain

• Members
    • my picasa album
Re: Erik Hoglund stylized boy head/shoulders paperweight boda
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2009, 06:51:05 PM »
WOW :o gorgeous sets and lovely to see them with original box, there is one of the bull on ebay at the moment in green http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250469573385&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&salenotsupported
(not one of mine by the way, just one ive been watching)
thanks for putting the pics on shows the different styles, do you know if there where more designs? or is this the full range for these ashtray/paperweights?

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2009, 11:10:36 AM »
Daniel, what great photographs and such fantastic glass. Mr Hoglund knew a thing or two. I am very  :mrgreen: Thank you for posting them.

John.

Offline Daniel S

• Members
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2009, 01:08:58 PM »
Thanks guys!

I do have approx 300 pieces from Höglund. Glass, wood, metal, oilpaintings, drawings. I have  pieces from all the places where hr worked except for Pilchuck.

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2009, 10:33:29 AM »
Daniel, I am always pleased to here that someone else has the collecting bug (and a ridiculously large collection) because it makes me feel a little less crazy and it is good to know that we are not alone. ;D

Given your Erik Hoglund expertise/obsession/madness :chky:, did you see this post http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,25730.0.html and if not do you know anything about the object?

Thanks, John.

Offline Daniel S

• Members
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2009, 01:29:19 PM »
The hippo was designed around 1968-1971. In 1972 it was discontinued already. Its rare i have only seen one or two before.

My main focus is not EH. Its rather pieces from Orrefors.

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2009, 04:23:17 PM »
Main focus? I am not saying another word. ;D

Thanks for taking a look at the other post and also for the info. Are you sure it was designed as a Hippo? To me the eyes are all wrong for a Hippo (sunken), but I am often way off the mark and given Hoglund's style it certainly could be a Hippo.

John.

Offline Daniel S

• Members
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2009, 10:54:41 AM »
well glass is fun, what more can I say.   :rn:

My grandfather and his father often met EH at different partys around Boda. Eh was a ladies man and often in ladies/alcohol/economic problems. Thats one of the main reasons why i started collect EH items.

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2009, 12:54:33 PM »
well glass is fun, what more can I say.   :rn:

I have to agree! I am happy to talk for hours about the subject and send many of my family and friends to sleep. Luckily I know several fellow enthusiasts and we meet most weekends at bootsales, wander around and talk about glass and ebay. Also luckily, we have different areas of interest within glass so not too much direct competition for any bargains.

Many a great Poet or Artist seems to have had a 'eye for the ladies' along with a fondness for the bottle, perhaps they had too much humanity to survive easily in our often harsh society.

John.

Offline stew2u2

• Members
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2011, 10:28:24 AM »
sorry about reserecting an old subject. bought one of these items last week what are they to small to be a bowl . or were they just for show. what are rare ones mine has a stylized deer
there is always someone worse off .

Offline davidfish1212

• Members
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2011, 12:27:02 PM »
Hi Stew,

If my memory serves me well, they have been discussed in other threads on the board, and I think they were small individual ashtrays for the table when eating dinner.

Cheers, David  :sc:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand