No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: a Brockwitz Fortuna Specialty and :  (Read 1906 times)

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Pressed Glass 1840-1950
    • Hamburg, Germany
    • http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de
a Brockwitz Fortuna Specialty and :
« on: June 29, 2009, 07:10:34 PM »
missing the forth blue bird
Dear all, I have purchased this from Tracy lately and unfortunately one of the BLUE birds is missing
OF course I shall take this one with me to that exhibition at Karrasburg, Coswig, but would of course like it to be complete in just  blue at that time
anyone?
Pamela
Die Erfahrung lehrt, dass, wer auf irgendeinem Gebiet zu sammeln anfängt, eine Wandlung in seiner Seele anheben spürt. Er wird ein freudiger Mensch, den eine tiefere Teilnahme erfüllt, und ein offeneres Verständnis für die Dinge dieser Welt bewegt seine Seele.
Experience teaches that anyone who begins to collect in any field can feel a change in his soul. He becomes a joyful man filled with a deeper empathy, and a more open understanding moves his soul.
Alfred Lichtwark (1852-1914)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Hamburg, Germany
Pamela
Die Erfahrung lehrt, dass, wer auf irgendeinem Gebiet zu sammeln anfängt, eine Wandlung in seiner Seele anheben spürt. Er wird ein freudiger Mensch, den eine tiefere Teilnahme erfüllt, und ein offeneres Verständnis für die Dinge dieser Welt bewegt seine Seele.
Experience teaches that anyone who begins to collect in any field can feel a change in his soul. He becomes a joyful man filled with a deeper empathy, and a more open understanding moves his soul.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline barb800

• Members
Re: a Brockwitz Fortuna Specialty and :
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2009, 01:28:00 AM »
Hi Pamela,

I know I am late with this reply, but were you able to find the missing bird? If not I would be willing to loan you one from my set, to be returned to me at the end of the exhibition. Let me know if you are interested.

Regards,
Barb.

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Hamburg, Germany
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2009, 08:35:52 PM »
thank you very much, Barb, in fact, it's quite late, because exhibition ends mid November already...
There was no time to photograph it for the pavillon before it went, so still not uploaded.

But you could do me a great favour mailing some nice photos of your complete set and allowing me to upload these instead?
(copyright to be indicated as requested of course)
 :kissy:

...and congrats BTW !  :mrgreen:  :D
Pamela

Offline barb800

• Members
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2009, 09:52:36 PM »
Hi Pamela,

I'm happy to photograph it for you, although my bowl was badly broken in the post and I have glued it back together until I can find a replacement. Not sure how good the photos would look...but I'll take some and let you decided if they are okay to be uploaded. Please let me know your email address.

Regards,
Barb.

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Hamburg, Germany
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2009, 10:16:50 PM »
 :chky: :chky:

Barb has sent wonderful photos of her treasures - now on pressglas-pavillon

http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de/tafelaufsaetze/09283.html - birds and Fortuna

http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de/tafelaufsaetze/09296.html - sealions and unknown pattern, but pretty sure, it's Brockwitz too

and this is the one I always had also, without animals  :cry::
http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de/tafelaufsaetze/01164.html

Thank you so much, Barb  :hug:
Pamela

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2009, 06:19:01 AM »
Such a shame the blue one is broken  :cry: :cry:

Offline dinklepip

• Members
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2009, 07:42:30 PM »
WOW I have never seen one of those before, it's georgeous

Offline barb800

• Members
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2009, 02:58:28 AM »
Hello Everyone,

Yes, a great shame about the blue bowl. I hope that I will be able to find a replacement bowl, sometime soon - fingers crossed.  I was very lucky to be bidding on the bird flower frog about the same time Nige offered the bowl as a swap.  I just love Brockwitz glass so was very excited to be able to put the set together. I enjoy it even with the damaged bowl! A big Thank You to Pamela and Nige.

Best Regards,

Barb.

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Hamburg, Germany
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2012, 05:56:07 AM »
Barb, are you still around GMB, please?

I was offered an intact blue bowl today - would happily transmit this offer if I knew your current email address 

:-* Pamela
Pamela

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand