No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: green vase with jewels  (Read 3580 times)

Offline sol

• Members
green vase with jewels
« on: September 23, 2009, 10:18:23 PM »
Hello
These vases have been in my family for at least 45 years. They're approx 14 inches high - well the unbroken one is! I have all the bits (some are tiny) of the broken one and I'm wondering if it's worth trying to get it repaired. Can anyone provide any information about them?
Thanks

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline keith

• Members
Re: green vase with jewels
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 12:04:46 AM »
I posted a message a while ago about a piece I have,blue glass with a red and blue inset 'jewel',mine also had what I thought were pottery flowers stuck to the sides(it was enamel)some one suggested the name Bormioli but couldn't find any info on them,not a lot of use I know but your not on your own,Keith.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 05:51:22 AM »
Bormioli Parma being one of the largest glass houses in the world I am surprised you could not find any information.  Bormioli glass gives more than 800.000 hits on Google so maybe you just gave up too soon.

What Bormioli made in the 40s and 50s were cheaply produced items with gold trim and beads stuck to the side. These pieces look very different - insofar as they have a satinated surface, enamel trim and a neogothic cut edge which I associate with mid 19th century Bohemian glass. But I'm not quite sure where or when these pieces originate. I would be tempted to say Bohemia.

Offline sol

• Members
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2009, 01:04:51 PM »
Hello
Thanks for the information. I've searched the internet for Bohemian glass and have found a few examples which are similar. Will keep looking.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Officinaquack

• Members
  • Bormioli, Fidenza Vetraria, Saivo, Covetro...
    • Glassware
    • Italy
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2020, 09:24:59 AM »
Not Bormioli Rocco.

Opal glass was made in Parma in the end of the 60's till the 90's.
But fully machine made, IS.
Looks far from an IS machine made item.

Regards

Gab

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand