No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: can anyone identify this blue overlaid cut glass vase  (Read 1287 times)

Offline Jindra8526

• Members
Re: can anyone identify this blue overlaid cut glass vase
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2009, 06:38:11 PM »
Sorry Tina,
it is my Cz-English issue. I did not intend to tell you are not expert. I wanted to tell you, that everyone can easy find difference between old - pre-war and just after war Bohemian crystal and production of Bohemia n.p.

I personaly do not like both - but it is national heritage - every Czech family has collection of cut Bohemian crystal from grandmother :-). Never used, only for looking.

Jindrich

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Bernard C

• Members
  • Milton Keynes based British glass dealer
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2009, 04:43:41 AM »
...   Coloured glass overlay cut to clear, however, focus us to 70ties and 80ties.   ...

Careful — Jindrich was discussing this in terms of Bohemian glass production.   Walsh coloured overlay cut to clear was at least 90%, possibly 100%, 1930s production, and most Stourbridge production was 1930s.

Bernard C.  8)
Happy New Year to All Glass Makers, Historians, Dealers, and Collectors

Text and Images Copyright © 2004–15 Bernard Cavalot

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Jindra8526

• Members
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2009, 11:46:12 AM »
To be absolutely correct, not Bohemian or Czechoslovakian glass production, but production of individual glasswork Bohemia n.p.
Jindrich

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand