No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Controlled bubbles vase... ID = Copier "spijkerbol" candleholder  (Read 2887 times)

Offline norman warbreck

• Members
I have no idea about this heavy little piece...since i started buying glass....after joining this board...it has opened my eyes to so much...but still battling to ID the goodies myself...well two years is not that long but am trying.....and help pls
thanks norman

Offline NKP

• Members
Re: Controlled bubbles vase...
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 10:58:10 AM »
... the third picture is a bit blurred so doesn't show the finishing. Doesn't have an acid-etched mark ?
... depending on quality and quality of finish: A.D. Copier for the Leerdam Glassworks / The Netherlands

Offline norman warbreck

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 11:04:36 AM »
sorry base so difficult to photograph...it has a small area in the middle that is clean and the ring around that has been polished but has many scratches.....no etched mark...sadly...but i still feel it is a good piece.
thanks for looking
norman

Offline norman warbreck

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 11:13:29 AM »
So i have quickly snapped some more in direct sunlight ...hope this helps...

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2009, 11:41:42 AM »
Copier "spijkerbol" ("spike ball") candlestick. Made in hundreds of thousands from the thirties through the sixties - every household in Holland had one. Not rare but collectable. Monogrammed copies are more desirable than unmarked ones. Taken back into production abt. ten years ago - but old ones are cheaper. You can pick one up at markets here for 35-85 Euros.

Offline norman warbreck

• Members
Re: Controlled bubbles vase... ID = Copier "spijkerbol" candleholder
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2009, 06:00:50 PM »
Ivo...thanks a lot...i bought this with a set of six marked copier liquer glass in a smokey color...so just delighted that i had a bit of an eye...lol
still learning and many thanks for the information
best
norman

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand