No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Bod????? Decanter/Vase?  (Read 1500 times)

Offline bcaln1

• Members
Bod????? Decanter/Vase?
« on: July 13, 2009, 01:52:07 PM »
I found a 15" tall green bubble glass decanter/vase with a cat 'seal' on the front (the seal is about an inch and a half in width).  I bought this at a local charity thrift store and paid $3 for it.  It seems to be near mint (very, very slight scratching on the bottom).  A tag on the bottom is torn and says BOD and then ERIK underneath the BOD.  There is also a serial number etched in the bottom, H xxx/xxx (don't have the numbers with me).

Any information you can supply on this is piece would be greatly appreciated.

Bruce

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
Re: Bod????? Decanter/Vase?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 03:00:58 PM »
Welcome to the board Bruce.

A photo would be helpful for an ID (and we all love looking at glass  ;D) but from the information you have given it certainly sounds like it could be an item made by Boda (Sweden) and designed by Erik Hoglund, possibly in the 1950s or 60s.

Read this for instuctions on uploading photos. If you have any trouble adding a photograph of your item please ask for help by replying to this thread.

John.

Offline Daniel S

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 05:18:04 AM »
No doubt Erik Höglund. If there are 3 digits before the slash its a little earlier design.
The price was very good.

Offline bcaln1

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 11:21:06 AM »
I'll post a photo or two soon, right now I'm working in the Bahamas and the decanter is at my home in Vero Beach.  The piece is decanter shaped (to me), gradually wider from the base up, narrow neck, then fluted at the top.  Like I said, a photo will be posted soon (I asked my wife to take a couple pictures, she's not real good with the camera though).   

:-)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand