No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Two "Vasart" weights - 85 "Salvador" can  (Read 4287 times)

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
Two "Vasart" weights - 85 "Salvador" can
« on: August 05, 2004, 03:57:32 AM »
Hi folks,

For those of you now getting more interested in the "Ysart" weights, take a look at my latest article. For those of you not yet into this side of things, take a look anyway!

http://www.btinternet.com/~kevh.glass/pages/VasartSpecial/MixedConcentric.htm

Discussions + cane tables (with large individual cane images) covering 17 matches to canes in the "Vincent" set and another 68 "early Ysart" (possible Salvador) canes.

I also touch on an interesting point - some of these canes can also be seen in Paul Ysart weights. So who actually made and "owned" them, and when? The thoughts I have passed around over the past few years on Ysart cane "sharing" in the 30s (regardless of family "troubles") may be on the right lines.
KevinH

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2004, 10:08:38 AM »
Superb research and write up Kevin, thank you for all your efforts.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2004, 10:29:45 PM »
The trouble with working through the night is that proof reading becomes a touch less effective by 4 am!

I have made a few (minor) corrections to my article. The biggest error was that I had missed out 2 canes from the "Mixed Concentric" weight, one of which is a another match to those shown in Frank's site. The cane tables are now updated and renumbered. The missing canes are now shown as 10 and 31 for that weight.

The tables for the Clospeack comparison have also been revised, with one cane being removed as it was actually from the other weight (now numbered 34 in that weight's tables).
KevinH

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand