No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: little controlled bubble ball foot shot glass ID pleeeeeaaaassssseeee  (Read 1798 times)

Offline jonchellycain

• Members
    • my picasa album
Hi there
 me again ;D, my partner jon bought 2 of these one purple and this one a greeny grey colour unfortunitly the purple one got smashed.. Its been sat on my sideboard for ages. There is 2 that are similar in the millers 20th century book by Andy McConnell listed asAseda by Bo Bergstrom, but the ones in the book are a coloured top with clear ball bottom and mine is the other way. Also mine looks to be much better quality with the bubbles being very well done and uniform.
has anybody any idea if mine is an Aseda on or by somebody else??
10cms tall, 5.5cms in diameter across the rim
many thanks
michelle

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
I have a couple of the Aseda ones here, and yours is quite a bit smaller, Aseda 13cm high, rim over 8cm in diameter. Yours has many more bubbles in the foot which are more evenly spaced than BB's.

No idea who made yours.... ::)

John.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Sklounion

Hi,
Probably Harrach'ov, 1950s and  very probably a Milos Metelak design.
M

Offline Tina

• Members
Hi Michelle,

Are these the Bo Borgstrom for Aseda vases that you're describing with the clear bases?  These stand 10 inches tall.

These were bought separately and on close inspection, they're not a pair.

I'm a novice but I'm guessing the one on the right to be older ?

...because the clear lead crystal isn't such a clear colour, it's a bit yellowed, the ground out and polished pontil on the bottom is more deeply indented, and the bubbles are different, coming up in tiny curved streams from the base. 

These are two of my favourites, it would be good to know their origin.

Tina

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Michelle is talking about shot glasses, not vases. Here is a good place to look for bud vases http://www.glassbudvases.co.uk/

Offline Tina

• Members
I love Pat's site! Unfortunately there's not a section on Aseda....yet.

The vase in the Swedish Art Glass section is one colour throughout, so I was interested to learn if mine were like the one's Michelle has in her book.

Offline Tina

• Members
Michelle's shot glasses are also on glassbudvases but not identified as far as I can see

Offline jonchellycain

• Members
    • my picasa album
Hi there tina, no the shot glasses in the book (page 78. Well worth buying if your a collector or dealer, Millers 20th century Glass by Andy McConnell great for people starting out with collecting) look completly different to your vases, they are 13cms tall the ball foot is colourless with bubbles but is a different shape to yours, it goes in to a thin waist then out wide to the base of the glass a slight flare. The bubbles are non uniform and quite randon whereas mine are quite uniform, the bubbles on yours are also quite randoom and non uniform but this is really the only similarity to yours sorry.
I had one of these earlier this year that i listed on the whitefriars site heres the link http://www.whitefriars.com/isit_contents.php?ID=7049
all the best
michelle

Offline bubbles

• Members
    • http://www.glassbudvases.co.uk
Re: little controlled bubble ball foot shot glass ID pleeeeeaaaassssseeee
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2009, 07:48:57 PM »
I love Pat's site! Unfortunately there's not a section on Aseda....yet.
Yes there is.. (Look under the "Other bud vases" section) but it won't help on these.

The shot vases look to be Czech, but I would need to see a better close up of the bottom of the base.
The green vases I have not identified yet, I have them in other colours.

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
Re: little controlled bubble ball foot shot glass ID pleeeeeaaaassssseeee
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2009, 06:37:36 AM »
Hi:

I thought Marcus (Sklo Union) had identified these as probably Harrach'ov, possibly Metelak. That convinces me they're probably Czech.

David
My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand