No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Sabino "LaDanse" Columbe Vase  (Read 618 times)

Offline collinscw

• Members
Sabino "LaDanse" Columbe Vase
« on: July 30, 2009, 06:56:58 PM »
Hello, :)
Ladies and Gents, Greetings from Athens, Alabama.
I have a signed Sabino vase that I acquired several years ago put it away and never went back. I am going to find it and unpack it, but need to find out some info. on it.
 It is a vase by "Sabino" signed on the bottom. approx. 11 3/4" tall 4 1/2" top rim dia. and approx. 3 1/2" wide at the bottom. It does have the female figures and columbs on the vase. Measurements are approx. as I am at work and don't have the vase in hand at this time. Just from memory. I know it it signed but not sure if it is signed Paris or France, I am pretty sure that it is paris. I had been told years ago that it was made in the 30's/pre war. Does any one know of this vase and maybe some more info. that I can put with the documentation I already have and maybe an approx. value of the piece? I have not been able to find anything on the vase through the net and have been told that it may be one of a kind because the molds were destroyed.
Thanks much,
Charles

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline obscurities

• Members
    • Bohemian and Czech glass
    • Gatesville, Texas
    • Kralik-Glass.com
Re: Sabino "LaDanse" Columbe Vase
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 07:18:23 PM »
Hello, Welcome to the board. Please post pics of the vase and some pics of the signature also. Closeup shots of details on the vase would be helpful also. As there are a couple of variations of vases named LaDanse. There is LaDanse - Gaite, and also LaDanse. The appearance of these two are quite different from each other. Also, could you please provide accurate measurements, as the ones you estimated do not match dimensions I found for either style of LaDanse.

Glad to help, but better info is needed.
Craig
I have been told that glass is my mistress......

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline collinscw

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 08:10:16 PM »
Hi,
I will unpack the vase sunday get the measurements and pics and definitely get back with you on it. This may take me awhile to do as I am out of town working at the moment. I will try to do this by monday or tuesday.
Thanks much for the response.
PS: I also have a few more pieces that I need info on, a small shell plate and a fish.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2009, 01:51:12 AM »
Hi Charles and welcome to the board. When you ask about your other pieces would you start each one as a new topic please then we can follow the discussion easily and archive them when they've been ID'd. Many thanks and look forward to seeing your pics. Oh, and if you need help posting images, we've a help topic about it here: http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,6522.0.html or just holler for a Moderator to come and give you a hand.  8)
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand