Glass Identification - Post here for all ID requests > Glass

attribution for duck salts please.

(1/1)

Paul S.:
Wud imagine they are salts  -  although not really sure.  Attractive barley sugar colour, with the addition of a tiny circular red dot for the eyes.   Wear is consistent with some reasonable age, and regrettably there is some minor damage.  Quite small really - 7.5 cms. long and about 5 cms. high.   I have no idea of what to think of them, so grateful for anyone's thoughts please.    Paul S.

tutu:

I can't help you identify these, but I have one that looks exactly the same !  Mine is light green uranium glass !   ;D

Does anyone know more about these ?

redheat4:
I also have an amber one, the whole surface is cut and polished to a high standard. :thup:

Paul S.:
thanks for the replies.  Now that someone has mentioned having a Uranium example  -  I have looked thru both of Barrie Skelcher's books  -  but regret to say that he has not included any salts showing animal forms.    Prior to the 1940's there were of course shed loads of salts made which contained Uranium in varying qauntities, so we may just have to settle for the broad conclusion that these ducks have their origins before the second war.    Paul S.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version