No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Is this a Pavel Panek design  (Read 2339 times)

Offline norman warbreck

• Members
Is this a Pavel Panek design
« on: August 03, 2009, 10:28:51 AM »
Looked through CD but no exact picture but has the wine pattern...any ideas pls
many thanks
norman

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Sklounion

Re: Is this a Pavel Panek design
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 10:40:08 AM »
Hi Norman,
Not sure why you think Panek is linked to this pattern, but definitely NOT his original design, as the pattern dates to the late 1940s at Hermanova hut', and he only started work with Sklo Union @ 1970.
M

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline norman warbreck

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 06:19:13 PM »
Hi there Marcus
Thank u for bringing this to my attention...somehow i have got these two mixed up.
I donot see this on the database and then the question....is all the wine pattern that is out there of the mentioned factory...and only that appearing on the database that of Panek... was this an exclusive Sklo union pattern or do we find it copied by other countries.
i have a vase and a silvered bowl attributed to him on my reference library as Panek confirmed on this board.....are these correct.?
i guess this is where my confusion comes in...aargh!!!
Once again many thanks
norman

Sklounion

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 11:22:03 PM »
Hi Norman,
Neither vase nor bowl are Panek designs. They pre-date his working career. The Hermanova hut' silvered product is post-communist, and SHH production. (God save glass collectors from new capitalists). Yes, now there are similar patterns, often with colours, but both Turkey and the Far East are the producers. But again, these are not Panek designs.
M

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline norman warbreck

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2009, 06:40:56 AM »
Hi Marcus
Thank u so much for looking.....am trying real hard not to make mistakes and then again constant concentration is needed with all the glass i am hunting down....what the heck i will do with it in the end who knows....but then again your book inspired me and with examples somewhat plentiful here....coming to an end sadly...i took the bull by the horns and decided that this would be a fun task and a start to learn about all types of glass which i have ignored for years.
So the vase has been put under Hermanova.....many thanks
best
norman

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand