No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Venini zecchin five spout soffiati vases  (Read 2320 times)

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
Venini zecchin five spout soffiati vases
« on: October 22, 2009, 10:18:04 AM »
Hi please have a look at completed listing ebay 290357868542 it may answer a question we have been asking for sometime , Anita i believe it will interest you . I know Gordiola have quite a lot of original early Italian glass in their Museum and i believe have been making the five spout vases for sometime .

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
Re: Venini zecchin five spout soffiati vases
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2009, 03:41:42 PM »
Thanks for pointing it out again, jp. This looks like the same pair we saw a year or so ago. The label was so helpful in tracking down who made the vases. The design is also on the Gordiola website, but I found the other day that I couldn't load the pdf for their vases -- it crashed my Adobe program and I had to reinstall. >:( It is pretty easy to tell the difference between the Zecchin and Gordiola vases. The Gordiola ones are thicker, have less careful polishing of the necks and rigaree, have ribbed glass going up the neck, have messier pontils, and are generally smaller. The colors are also different. I see many of them that are still listed as Venini, but not as many as I used to.
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
Re: Venini zecchin five spout soffiati vases
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 01:46:20 AM »
JP:  Thanks for the post. I think there are more makers of this piece than Gordiola and Venini. I have notes somewhere, which means I can't remember what I've done with them, about a similar vase I saw recently (within the last year; it was either in the Glass Museum in Murano or in Barcelona) that explained that this was a traditional Spanish design. Just this month I saw another example in a local antique shop in a very dull amber that made the Gordiola look positively soffiati-like. It was for sale as something like "primitive European."

David
My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand